X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

upgrade pre or amp?

I currently have a 1075 w/ a Denon 2805(that I use as a preamp) and thinking about upgrading the audio portion of my system(been enjoying HD DVD lately and pretty sure that the video portion cannot get any better) but not sure if I should go with a stronger amp like a used 1095 or pick up a used 1068. I use my system pretty much only for HDDVD or HDTV at 90% and CD listening about 10% out of my Toshiba HDA1(I know, should be looking at a standalone CD player for better music playback). What do you guys think I should upgrade first? Should I go for a 1095, 1068 or even a 1072(least likely option, since I dont listen to much 2 channel)?
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

1075 & 1098 is the way to go, the sound is just awesome. The 1068 and the 1098 should be up for grabs these days, with new models expected to come out this winter/early next year. I grabbed myself the 1098 at 45% off the list price. Don't forget to throw in decent catcables

The 1095 is on my wishlist as well, but I'm not sure my neighbours will agree...

Comment

• Clepto
      • Feb 2006

If you're focused on HD DVD, then avoid the 1068/1098 for now, in favor of something with at least HDMI 1.1 so that you can get PCM over HDMI.

Comment

• Fishy
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sirbogey
        The 1095 is on my wishlist as well, but I'm not sure my neighbours will agree...
        The 1098 and 95 combo is a great setup, but might also be worth checking the 1077 out.

Fish

Comment

• Clepto
          • Feb 2006

Depending on your speakers, a more powerful amp may do very little, while a pre might help on the music side a lot... if it's really only about HT, you may be better off with the Denon...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"