X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjripple
    • Aug 2005

Newbie checking in - 1068/1095 Combo

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hello and I'm glad you're all here. Just yesterday I pulled the trigger on the Rotel 1068/1095 combo. It was a long path to end up with the Rotel gear. I was pretty hesitant before I found this forum because I couldn't find a lot (compared to other brands) of information/reviews or users of Rotel, but when I stumbled onto this site my mind was put at ease.

I just ordered Paradigm Studio 100's and 570 a week ago and wanted to power them adequately. So rather than buy a receiver and constantly wonder if I should have gone the separates route, I just did it. That's it for now. I can't hardly wait for my speakers to get here so I can hook it all up. I look forward to participating here and learning about making a great sounding system.

Paul
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome aboard!
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Welcome aboard.. Glad to help with anything you need.

Kevin D.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Congrats and enjoy :T Just remember to allow some break-in time for both the Rotel gear and those speakers before doing any critical listening
        Jason

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Welcome to Club Rotel Paul, that certainly is a nice setup.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• thyname
            • Jan 2005

Welcome to club Rotel!!! Good job with going separates way from the beginning, no regrets later!!!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Paul,

Welcome to our house of helpful fun...

May your new system give you years of listening pleasure...

Geoff

Comment

• lvhung
                • Jun 2005

Only after I joined the club I decided to give up the Denon route

and buy the Rotel with confidence

PS: my 1068/1095 until now working for 3 months and having no issues yet

Comment

• pjripple
                  • Aug 2005

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I am really excited for my speakers to get here so I can get everything up and running. I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way and am thrilled that you are all here.

Paul

Comment

• thyname
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by pjripple
                    Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I am really excited for my speakers to get here so I can get everything up and running. I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way and am thrilled that you are all here.

Paul
                    Very interested to hear your opinion on those Paradigm studio 100. I was very close to purchasing a pair, but went with Axioms instead. B&W 703s were in my short list as well.

Comment

• pjripple
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by thyname
                      Very interested to hear your opinion on those Paradigm studio 100. I was very close to purchasing a pair, but went with Axioms instead. B&W 703s were in my short list as well.
                      I'll report back when I get everything up and running. I auditioned the 703's and found them a little bright for my tastes...I really liked the 804's, but they were nearly twice the price of the Studio 100's...couldn't justify that (maybe some day).

Comment

• ekkoville
                        • Aug 2004

Again, congrats on the new gear Paul. I have the same combo and found to love it more each time I listen. Coming from a ten year old receiver, I thought I found A/V bliss just picking the amp up off the ground. The sound was perfect for me right out of the box and the DSP for movies was fantastic. For audio only, I use the bypass mode alot, I find it to the most pure, direct sound availble.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"