X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevin l.
    • Aug 2003

New rotel 1098 and 1095 with 803,htm1- Help

Just purchased the Rotel 1098 with 1095 amp as well as B&W 803,Htm1,scm1. I've set everything up and I'll spear my opinion until its set up right. Naturally I've cali. at 75dbs with sound meter, set proper delays for speaker distances and I'm experiencing something strange. When watching movies from dvd as well as off cable center channel sounds too loud. When I adjust just the center channel down by my ears alone I end up 10-12 db lower than other channels. You would think dialog would be way to soft but its not. It also sounds like the dialog and or music is floating in the room when I go back to proper calibrated level It sounds like Im listening to sound from a speaker. I only have about 20hrs on speakers so I don't maybe a break in problem but why on center speaker only. Please advise.

Ps Sonics are greatly improved over sunfire TG111 and sunfire amp combo. Thanks
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

You may want to use an AVIA disc (or something similar), it seems that calibrations on the center and subwoofer channels with the test tones of the 1098 are misconfigured. I believe the center has 2db and the sub has 10 db deviations.

Welcome the Club, btw, other members will provide further information for you.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• kevin l.
      • Aug 2003

I fiqured it out it was a bad speaker cable. I replaced the front cables with lowes off the rack 12gauge speaker cable and it made a huge difference. I am convinced that I need to upgrade even what I have now in order to bring out the best in the b&ws.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"