X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseki
    • Sep 2003

Problem with my RB1090

I am quite bummed right now and am looking for a bit of help. It seems that I have lost the right channel on my RB-1090 amplifier. The left channel works just fine. I've swapped out sources and have verified that the amplifier is the problem.

So, what am I in for here? Is there a fuse that might have blown? If not, am I looking at hundreds of dollars in repairs? I am just trying to get a ballpark idea of what is going on here.

Thanks for the help!

David
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's most likely just a fuse (inside the amp). This isn't a common issue on the 1090 so I would be sure to check your cables and speakers before running it again.

If it's not a fuse, the amp does come with a 5 year warranty.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Joseki
      • Sep 2003

I recently biwired my speakers. Additionally, I have a separate integrated amp for 2-ch listening. If the RB-1090 was fired up with the speaker cable on the floor, is it possible that the hot and ground wires touched and caused a fuse to blow?

David

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

That could definitely cause the problem. It should go into protection mode, but if it was shorted during the initial turn on there's a greater chance of blowing.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Joseki
          • Sep 2003

I've got the cover off but cannot see where a fuse might be located. Anyone have any experience with this particular amp?

David

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"