X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotelnewb
    • Oct 2006

RSX-1057 blue led stops lighting?

Hello, I got my new RSX-1057 for about a week and sometimes the blue standby led goes off when playing music. Then when i turn it off and on again it still isn't lighting, but everyting works perfectly.. then suddenly it starts lighting again when using the receiver, then after a half hour playing, it goes off again... . This is not normal is it?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not normal, probably a faulty solder joint on the LED. If your in North America have your dealer verify the problem and Rotel should replace the unit.

Kevin D.

Comment

• rotelnewb
      • Oct 2006

My dealer is going to repair it himself. Hopefully it's completely fixed. One thing that kind of frustrates me too is that my display is full of scratches. My dealer also said he noticed it with other rotel products and he can't do anything about it.. :s

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Did you remove the easily scratched plastic protector stuck to the display? It's easy to miss.

Kevin D.

Comment

• rotelnewb
          • Oct 2006

Oh damn you were right Very hard to notice. My unit was fixed today and the light seems to work properly again.

Comment

• Clepto
            • Feb 2006

I sometimes wish I could DISABLE the blue LED, sometimes it's just way too bright... I guess I could always wear sunglasses... 8)

Comment

• srb
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by rotelnewb
              One thing that kind of frustrates me too is that my display is full of scratches. My dealer also said he noticed it with other rotel products and he can't do anything about it.. :s
              I can't believe a dealer does not know there is a plastic protector over the display.

Comment

• rotelnewb
                • Oct 2006

Yeah, my dealer only recently became a Rotel dealer, but he's a longtime hifi dealer otherwise.

But the new shit is that my led is still not 100% working. At first it fell out just by knocking or pushing a little bit on the cover top. My dealer openend the unit and pushed the connector to the led a bit. Now it's working much better but still it sometimes stops lighting for about a second or the brightness changes a bit, it seems to be flickering inside. But if you don't know, you probably wouldn't notice.. :s

My dealer said that he would have to break open de whole front display to get to the led, if it wasn't fixed.. but shouldn't Rotel warranty just cover this thing and get my unit replaced ? Ok this is just a simple LED, but for the price of the unit it's an issue for me, especially when the chance is high that in a half year it just goes dead. I live in Belgium so excuse me if the english ain't all that.

Comment

• Clepto
                  • Feb 2006

Based ont he new Rotel warranty practice, sounds like you could get a brand new replacement...

Comment

• rotelnewb
                    • Oct 2006

I'm going to see my dealer again tomorrow...

Gonna have to leave my new CM7 speakers alone again

Comment

• srb
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Clepto
                      Based ont he new Rotel warranty practice, sounds like you could get a brand new replacement...
                      I would think so, too. I don't know that I would want my dealer in there with a soldering iron, unless his shop is an Rotel Authorized Repair Center.

Originally posted by rotelnewb
                      I live in Belgium so excuse me if the english ain't all that.
                      I think your English IS all that, meaning better than many English-only speaking people on this forum who don't know the difference between base and bass, affect and effect, improper use of contractions, and just plain awful spelling and grammar. Kudos to you, rotelnewb, and I hope you get a replacement 1057!

Comment

• Kevin D
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Oct 2002

The new replacement policy is only in North America. Let us know what the policy is in Europe.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"