X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiophied
    • Apr 2006

1075/1068 question

I'm considering this setup for HT only. I've read posts suggesting that it may be worth waiting for the new processor to come out to take advantage of HDMI functionality. I was curious what the benefits will be of HDMI for audio purposes. I don't plan on using the processor for video switching...

Another question I had is if anyone had thoughts on outlaw vs rotel for B&Ws. Outlaw is cheaper and some consider better bang for buck...

but I've read that rotel is better for speakers like B&Ws because they are "forward" and not laid back. However since I"ll be using rotel only for HT and not two channel audio will I notice any differences between an Outlaw 990 and rotel 1068?

Another reason I was considering rotel over outlaw is that perhaps rotel will be more synergistic with classe. I'll be using my integrated classe CAP 2100 to power my front two channels (B&W N802's) in HT. The rotel would be powering the center channel (HTM-1) and the rears... Again would it matter if I use an outlaw to power the center and rears and the classe for fronts over a classe/rotel setup?

Thanks in advance!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

With HD-DVD and Blu-ray, you will need HDMI inputs to achieve the best sound these formats offer. That's what HDMI 1.3 will handle.

That said, with all the issues I've been having lately with HDMI 1.1 just sending video, I've lost faith.

Kevin D.

Comment

• audiophied
      • Apr 2006

Thanks Kevin

Thanks for your response Kevin! Any thoughts on differences between outlaw and Rotel for HT given my current setup?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"