• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dinyaar
    • Aug 2006

Placement of the RB 1080

Hi guys,

I have recently bought the RB 1080 and fixed it into my system.(NAD C542 cd
    NAD C 162 PRE AMP and B&W 603 s. It all fits nicely in an old teak wood rack. From what i read on this forum i chose the 1080 and i love it.

My questions to u guys are:: 1) The amp gets warm after a couple of hours at moderate volumes. Is it Ok? 2) The clearance above the amp is 2 inches and about 3 inches on the sides with the rear being open. Is this OK?
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Hi dinyaar,

Yes, it's normal for your RB-1080 to get warm. Mine does. The clearance you have should be OK. If you check the photos of Rotel amps in this forum you will see that some members have even less clearance. Many members (including me) have mounted a fan behind their amp to force the warm air out. I need this because I occasionally drive my system hard and my RB-1080 gets very warm. A fan would be ideal for your set-up because the back of your rack is open. Fortunately the RB-1080 has a protection mechanism that will close the system down if it gets too hot.

Nigel.

Comment

• dinyaar
      • Aug 2006

Placement Of The Rb 1080

Hi Nigel,
      Thanks For Helping Me Out On Both Threads That I Posted. U Know I Was Really Wondering When I Saw Pics Of All The Forum Members Set Ups!!!!!!!!!! Here In Bombay India Its Really Hot And Humid Almost All Year Round And Am Doomed If I Stack Things On Top. Well Am Making A Nice Simple Rack For Myself This Week End. Will A Little Luck It Should Turn Up Ok. Thanks For Ur Time.

Comment

• gymguymass
        • May 2004

Greetings,

I have owned my RB-1080 for 2+ years now. I leave it on every day, even when at work. The only time it is turned off is when I am gone for an extended period of time. It has performed flawlessy for me. It does get warm, but I expected that. It is open on all 4 sides, with about 2-3 inches clearance on the top. On weekends, when I am not working, the amp is on reproducing music for me. No worries so far. If you have concerns, the advice to use a fan sounds like a good one. I know Rotel does make one - ypu may want to check with a local dealer. Good luck and happy listening!

Ken

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"