X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mondays_fan
    • Aug 2006

RSp 1066 with rmb 985

Hi, Im new to surround sound and have just had a rotel stereo set up for the last few years, but now I have purchased second hand a rsp1066 and rmb 985, my problem is that I have attached all the leads but all I can get is two channel mode, no surround. Im not sure if I have to do something with the remote to set it up???
  • Bob_N
    • Oct 2002

Hey there, I have pretty much the same set up but my RMB985 is the mkII upgraded version. It's kind of hard to tell w/pics what is wrong.

The thing I would suggest is to make sure your CD/DVD player is playing something with 5.1 or whatever. It should auto detect the signal and put you in the correct mode.

You can certainly override the auto detect by pressing the 2ch button but try to look at the manual to see if your auto detect is off.

You also might want to check to make sure all of your channels are working properly. Mix/match each of your channels to your 1066 outputs to make sure all channels of your amp and 1066 are working properly.

That should get you started.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Do the test tones in the setup menu produce sound?

Kevin D.

Comment

• Tha Freak
        • Jul 2003

make sure your DVD is connected with a coax or optical, not just with red/white stereo connectors (still would work with PLII)
        - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"