Just pull the trigger on a 1066 to replace my HK 510 as processor. WOW!! Need firmware help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tarbaby
    • Feb 2004

Just pull the trigger on a 1066 to replace my HK 510 as processor. WOW!! Need firmware help!

Just pull the trigger on a 1066 to replace my HK 510 as processor match with a Rotel 1075, the difference was quite pleasing. On 2ch. audio the sound is clearer throughout and there seem to be more separation between instruments. I think I'm getting use to the sound now, and it is not as impressive as my first impression. The biggest difference was when I popped in a DVD (Pearl Harbor) after calibration, my jaw just dropped. The sound is much more dynamic and again clearer, the bass with this pre-pro was abundant, I have to turn the volume on my B&W 650 sub down to just 1/8. I wonder how much you have to spend to get a a processor that is clearly better than the 1066 all around.

My only complaint is that the 1066 does not allow me to turn off the sub in my DVD analog mode. I use the analog when we're doing Karaoke (hehe!) and the sub is causing microphone feedback. Is there a software upgrade that will let me turn off the sub? Don't you have to unhook everything and bring the 1066 near a computer for the upgrade? That's a pain in the gluteous.
  • Robert
    • Jan 2004

With a little more clarity, I think members might be better able to assist you. The current firmware version for the RSP-1066 is v2.26. Hold down the "mute" button on the remote for a few seconds and a readout should appear on the 1066 on-board video screen (V 2.2.6).

Also, it is not clear whether you have the monitor out connected to your TV or other video device in order to navigate the main menu setup screen. Depending on the source, I "think" you should be able to set the subwoofer to "no" for your karaoke sessions. Again, it is not certain whether you are using the digital line input on the sub, or the high level inputs.

Comment

• Tarbaby
      • Feb 2004

Thanks Robert, I have version 1.37. My DVD player is hooked up into video 1, for karaoke I'm using the DVD players analog out. When I go to the 1066 OSD menu, the subwoofer for video 1 cannot be turned off, does anyone know if there's a way? Thanks

Comment

• eddyg
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tarbaby
        Don't you have to unhook everything and bring the 1066 near a computer for the upgrade? That's a pain in the gluteous.
        Not if you use a long cable you don't. On a 1098 (which I assume is the same as a 1066 to upgrade) I use the Rotel provided RJ-45 to DB9 cable, connect that to a DB9 to RJ45 adapter, connect that to a 30ft ethernet cable, connect that to a RJ45 to DB9 adapter and into the PC. Works a treat when you don't have a notebook running Windoze.

I guess it would also probably work with the Ethernet cable connected directly into the processor and then at the other end join the Ethernet cable to the Rotel provided cable via a RJ45-RJ45 adapter and then into the PC, no DB9 to RJ45 adapters needed, I'll try that next time.

I figure the cost of the cable and adapters (which are cheap anyway) is well worth the cost of avoiding disconnecting a 1001 cables.

Cheers, Edward.[img]

Comment

• Robert
          • Jan 2004

I don't believe the firmware update will help you with your issue, but you may be interested in updating just the same. The link below should provide the information you need.

http://rotel.com/support/techups/techup-H16.htm

As an alternative setup, would it work to use the "zone out" of the 1066 instead of the analog out of the dvd source? I think this might allow you to keep the dvd as a digital source, thus allowing you to control the sub in the main menu. I'm still not clear on how your rig is layed out. I'm not a karaoke kind of guy.

Comment

• Tarbaby
            • Feb 2004

Thanks guys, I've never looked into the zone out option. The upgrade in software is something I'll definatly do when time permit. The Karaoke is set up like this: (The Karaoke information is on a DVD disc) My DVD player goes to a microphone mixer, mixer to a equalizer, eq to the Video 1 input of the 1066. The problem is when I pull up the OSD menu of the 1066 and go to Video 1, I can't turn off the sub.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"