• servo01
    • Jan 2004

"Krauts" and their ROTEL stuff

Pics are in gallery now. Enjoy

Greetings from Germany !
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Will we need to be able to read German to understand them?

That brings up an interesting question, is Kraut a term that is still used today? Calling a German a Kraut isn't akin to calling him a bad name, is it?

What exactly is the definition of a Kraut. (Don't tell me a smart white guy that drives a Porsche. :LOL: )

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• amix
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Lex
      Will we need to be able to read German to understand them?

That brings up an interesting question, is Kraut a term that is still used today? Calling a German a Kraut isn't akin to calling him a bad name, is it?

What exactly is the definition of a Kraut. (Don't tell me a smart white guy that drives a Porsche. :LOL: )

Lex
      Being born and raised in Germany (27 years) I can tell you, that "Kraut" is a vegetable, that has, at least in the rural traditional German cuisine, a high position. Now I do not know the translation to english, but you can easily look it up in a dict.

There is "Weißkraut", "Rotkraut", "Sauerkraut" and others. Howeverm the Hungarian love it too ;-)

The term,however, was never used by the Germans but by the enlish and american. It's not really a nice word for a German to hear.
      Adios, amix :dothewave:
      Stereo: Rotel RA-840 BX4, Rotel RP-955 (Ortofon MC 15 Super), Nakamichi CR4, DBX DX-900, Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE, OCOS
      HTPC-Server: P4 1.8, ASUS p4PE, 512MB, 2x 250GB, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW, G550DH, DVB-s, SATA HotSwap, GB-Lan

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"