unofficial firmware rsx 1055 3.7 in german?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suarez
    • Jan 2003

unofficial firmware rsx 1055 3.7 in german?

hi,

today i will buy the rsx 1055 with firmware 3.7 in german.
    it´s absolut no official version. don´t know whats there going on.
    couldn´t believe this version number and asked again.
    i said to my dealer, i dunno believe u, hehehehe.
    he also said the upgrade from 1.47 to 3.7 is possible!?
    from 1.4x to 2.x too.

i hope he will get the information about the changes from the german/europe headquarters.
    it seems to me, that rotel is testing a lot of various firmwares before launching them. sure there is hope for (great) improvement in bugfixing.

unbelieveable. 3.7
    never heard or read about this version in any wellknown forum.
    any idea?

very important question for me:
    which (hardware)feature do i lose, when i buy hardware version 1 instead of 2.
    in german there is no hdtv available!
    the germans are dumb sheeps harassed by stupid law. :x

tomorrow i´ll see. huuuuh
    can´t sleep this night, hehehe

suarez the explorer?

sind sie ein eichenmann?
    sind sie ein eichenmann?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Do not upgrade that machine with any other firmware until we get it figured out...trying to load a version other then what is intended for that machine can lock it up and it would take a tech to unlock it again...I'll see what I can find out about it and report back....in the mean time can you please variefy that holding down the mute button does display 3.7 as the firmware? Also what language is the on screen menu's in? If its german the 3 may simply be a code for german not a new firmware.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Ok I heard back from Rotel and there is no such thing as 3.7 firmware. Rotel only has two offical firmwares for the whole world one each for the two hardware lines (1.X and 2.X) so I have no idea what you're dealer is trying to tell you regarding 3.7 since it shouldn't exist. Please press and hold mute and report back what it says on the display so we can clear this up

Comment

• suarez
        • Jan 2003

yes you are right at all.

this was only the name of the file.

i´m very disappointed about the dealers info. he had to proove it, before telling all about the new firmware.

sorry for telling not the truth, but i was so happy about the news.

i left this day the dealers shop without taking one with me.
        but next week i will take the unit with the new 2.24? firmware.
        i hope this version is real now.

cya
        suarez

sind sie ein eichenmann?
        sind sie ein eichenmann?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Glad you got some straight information for your dealer this time. The latest publicly available firmwares are almost always posted on my site and I was on the beta test team for the last one so I usually know what the latest versions are.

Comment

• simonb68
            • Jan 2003

Andrew

I have tried contacting Rotel to ask the very same question suarez asked, which is what are the exact differences between the v1 and v2 hardware series. I've not heard back yet, and since you seem to have Rotel's ear (an answer within a day or so ), I was wondering if you could please find out for me, unless you or someone knows already.

As I mentioned a while ago, I have a f/w dated May 2002 which I find a bit surprising as I only bought the unit a month ago. However if I don't lose anything significant I'm happy to upgrade the f/w on the current unit.

But if I am losing out I want to get in touch with my dealer ASAP, before I've had the unit for too long.

Thanks
            Simon

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

simon here's a list of what the firmwares added. I should update that with the changes made in 1.48 but they're mostly display changes (volume now on all the time, multi inputs displayed as multi and some bass management tweaks)

As for the differences between the first and second runs of these machines it basically boils down to the fact that the second run machines have a different video chip that allows them to properly switch HDTV (200 mhz of bandwidth.)

Comment

• simonb68
                • Jan 2003

Andrew

Thanks for the prompt reply, so does the new video chip improve picture quality in general, or does it just allow a higher bandwidth. Frankly I wish to avoid using it to switch video where possible, particularly DVD player etc, so doesnt sound like I'm missing much. I'll wait to see if I get a reply from Rotel, I remember you saying alot of them are at CES anyway.

By the way, I would just like to add what a useful and informative forum this is. It seems like I just ask questions rather than contribute but I'm a Rotel noob, and in fact a noob to quality kit in general.

Thanks
                Simon

Edit - PS, could you just pls confirm that the 1.48 f/w on your website is suitable for the 1055? thanks again

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

simon the firmwares are identical for the 1055 and 1066's so as long as you use the approp version for your unit (version 1 vs version 2) then you'll be fine. As far as I know the new video chip only increases the bandwidth not quality...and as you say its better to avoid switching at the receiver if you can anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"