Can anyone recommend a audio rack that can hold a ROTEL RMB-1095 amp?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Can anyone recommend a audio rack that can hold a ROTEL RMB-1095 amp?

Can anyone recommend a 'vertical single stacked style ' audio rack that can hold a ROTEL RMB-1095 amp on the bottom shelf. The Amp is 9 1/2 inches tall and requires an additional inch for air movement to keep this beast cool. The second shelf from the bottom needs to hold a Yamaha RX-V2095 Receiver and is 6 1/2 inches tall and also requires an additional ince of air space. My remaining four components (Sony DVD, JVC VCR, Nachamichi Tape deck and DBX 10/20 EQ)will be placed on the remaining shelves above the two I've just mentioned.
    Please help me with my search.
  • gd
    • Jan 2003

yeah... that 1095 is a tall boy.

the only rack system i've seen that can fit it is the Rackit System 19.

pix: http://www.rackittm.com/19page2.html
    specs: http://www.rackittm.com/19page3.html

the only one you could use in that group is '19-15', which would leave you with an extra 5" of vertical space, so even it isn't a perfect fit.

pros: modular... sturdy... well-built... THE most compact storage system i've seen.

cons: not cheap... blonde wood finish - i hate blonde wood, but the other good qualities far outweigh this one.

you might have to consider diy for your 1095.
    greg (gd to you)
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
    production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Rock Dog
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2003

I bought this Sanus rack. Each shelf, including the bottom, comes with 8" spacers. But 12 and 5" can be bought as well. It's kind of annoying that you can't switch out one set of pillars for another, you just have to purchase the extra set. So I bought the standard rack, and then a set of 12" poles for bottom to second shelf spacing. That second shelf will hold the 2095 no problem. The rack is a very nice piece, the finish on the shelves is sweet. Kind of a thick, flat, lacquer. The pillars are a satin finish. And the unit sits on spikes, or feet.

If I'm not mistaken, it comes in all black, and wood (tone) shelves.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Rock Dog
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2003

Yup. It comes in Cherry with the silver pillars as well.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Comment

• BKSinAZ
          • Feb 2003

Where can I buy one? Am I mistaken or did you say that I can buy additional shelves. I do need more than 4, I need 5 or 6

Comment

• mazuly
            • Feb 2003

You can try their website dealer locator here.
            Thanks,
            Maziar

Comment

• BKSinAZ
              • Feb 2003

One more question...........Did you buy yours in sections....peice by peice? If so, do you have the model #'s of each peice?
              I like the rack and plan on buying one.

Comment

• Rock Dog
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2003

Here's what you do. This is for the black and silver like mine. BTW Each shelf will handle 125lbs.

Buy the base (EFABs-II) it lists for $99.99

Buy the shelf (EFASs-II) it lists for $79.99

Buy the 12" pillars (no pic) they list for $24.99
                There is a 5" set for $19.99

Each shelf comes with a set of down pillars, that bolt into the shelf below. All the shelves have counter sunk screw holes, so that which ever one ends up becoming the top, you use the black flat head screws (supplied with the base) to top off your top shelf. The screw counter sink, and lay down in the pocket, very nicely.

Just make sure you replace the first shelves down pillars, with the 12" set you buy. You can also get the 5" set, if you want to put in a shorter shelf, for an HDTV tuner or something.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• Rock Dog
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BksinAZ
                  Where can I buy one? Am I mistaken or did you say that I can buy additional shelves. I do need more than 4, I need 5 or 6
                  No problem, everything is seperate. Just buy as many as you need.

Here is the spot on their site to order directly. I went through my dealer and got about 10% off.

Sanus-Systems. Euro Audio Ordering Form

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• mazuly
                    • Feb 2003

Also this company seems interesting as well.

Thanks,
                    Maziar

Comment

• BKSinAZ
                      • Feb 2003

Does this order list look like I am missing anything?

Euro Modular Audio Base $ 99.99 1 $ 99.99
                      Euro Extended Height Pillars $ 24.99 4 $ 99.96 (12 inch)
                      Euro Modular Audio Shelf $ 69.99 5 $ 349.95 (9 Inch) Might change to 5 inch

Comment

• BKSinAZ
                        • Feb 2003

I noticed that you also have the Rotel RSP-1066 pre/pro........what do you think about it? What have you compaired it to? I am currently using the Yamaha RX-V2095 as my pre/pro and
                        I am thinking that the 1066 might be my next toy. Do you think I will see an improvement with the 1066?

Comment

• Rock Dog
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BKSinAZ
                          Does this order list look like I am missing anything?

Euro Modular Audio Base $ 99.99 1 $ 99.99
                          Euro Extended Height Pillars $ 24.99 4 $ 99.96 (12 inch)
                          Euro Modular Audio Shelf $ 69.99 5 $ 349.95 (9 Inch) Might change to 5 inch
                          That looks like it. Make sure you get the right model number depending on whether you want all black, black and silver or wood and silver.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• Rock Dog
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2003

I noticed that you also have the Rotel RSP-1066 pre/pro........what do you think about it? What have you compaired it to? I am currently using the Yamaha RX-V2095 as my pre/pro and
                            I am thinking that the 1066 might be my next toy. Do you think I will see an improvement with the 1066?

My previous setup: Even though it's not real clear. That is my 2095 on the bottom shelf.

I looked at mostly new recievers. Yammie's 3300, and RX-Z1. Plus the Denon 48??. So I did not do a lot of comparing with other pre/pro's. A little, but not enough to mention here.

Going from my 2095 (Which I loved) to the Rotel combo... WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The clarity and separation are amazing. The soundstage is more open. But the biggest difference is how much better the ROTEL stuff handles the channels. There more pronounced, yet seemless. The ROTEL seems to smoothly and effortlessly handle the sound. In movies especially, when information is traveling from center to right for instance. The ROTEL makes this transistion much more cleanly. Almost as if it's one long speaker. Where with the Yammie, the information would eventually "jump" from one channel to the next. (Does that make sense?)

I would highly recommend the switch to the 1066 from the 2095.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• BKSinAZ
                              • Feb 2003

Wow.........I am so glad to have spoken with you. It is not often that someone like myself can find someone with the same components to compair notes on upgrades. I definatly will get the 1066 and sell the Yamaha. I dont understand why you keep the Yamaha. Your music AND theater sound better through the ROTEL stuff.....right?

I think the new 1098 just came out, but I think it is kinda gimicky with that big screen on it......just another excuse to sell it for 3000.00

How much will I expect to pay for the 1066?

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jan 2003

I considered using the Yamaha as a pre/pro as well. But with my budget, I decided I could afford to go full 1066/1095.

I just sold my 2095 on Saturday.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

• ZX 6R
                                  • Jan 2003

I don't know an aweful lot about this company except they seem pretty tight with Rotel in regards to marketing. I happen to like the contempory look of their stuff but obviously that's a personal thing.

www.bdiusa.com

http://www.bdiusa.com/avfurniture/aurora_8626.shtml

Comment

• justin
                                    • Feb 2003

Give this company a look. http://www.boltz.com 8)

Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.
                                    Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.

Comment

• SaNdOkAn
                                      • Jul 2002

Solidtech is on my list!!

Sando

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Jan 2003

How much will I expect to pay for the 1066?
                                        The average seems to be 10%. Some have gotten 12% some 8%. But just about everyone was able to get something off the list. Myself?, I got 10% off.

-Thomas-

-Thomas-

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"