X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mfishmike
    • Mar 2004

1065 Upgrades?

Has any in here had their 1065 upgraded? I have versio 1.1 and in order to upgrade to the latest, a chip upgrade is necessary too. Rotel tells me to see my deaer, and my dealer for over 3 months has told me "well try to find out something". I've spent well over 7K with the dealer last year. Don't want to deal with them any more......any ideas out there????? :?:
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Welcome Mike

Here's the link to the update page on Rotel's site:

Rotel support is where you will find information about warranty registration, service, software downloads, owner’s manuals and product archives.

It looks like 1.57 is the latest version available for people with the "series 1" versions of the 1065 but you can either have your dealer or (in your case it sounds like you'd be better off) sending it in to Rotel so they can upgrade the EPROM chip to accept "series 2" software. All the instructions and contact information is there

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

I can tell you the EEPROM chips are still available and easy to get. Hell, we had one shipped to us by mistake!. All it takes is one call and they should be able to get it. Find another dealer or cal Rotel direct.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mfishmike
        • Mar 2004

I notified Rotel, they directed me to a service center in Houston, I dropped it off this afternoon, and will be able to get it in the morning. Just happened to have a Eprom chip someone didn't use. Thanks guys.....

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Your welcome, glad it all worked out.

Enjoy the tunes

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"