X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bondmanp
    • Mar 2004

Contour Control on RSP-1068

Long time lurker, first post.

Can anyone tell me about the "Contour Control" on the RSP-1068? What does it do, exactly? Does it offer bass and treble adjustments for all channels? Does it work in Bypass mode? Is it effective in dealing with source material that is excessively bright? I'd appreciate any help. TIA.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Long time lurker,

The contour adjustments allows you to adjust HF (high frequency) and LF (low frequency) for each set of speakers in your configuration. The other option is ALL, which allows you to adjust the LF and HF to all speakers simutaneously.

You can actually use the tone button for quick temporary adjustments on the fly, as well as Cinema EQ to deal with excessively bright material.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

bondmanp,

Just to deal with the rest of your question.

Yes the contour control is designed to make changes to the overall tone profile - with the HF contour progressively reducing or increasing the perceived "brightness" of the sound, while the LF impacting on the "warmth" of the sound. You will find that small changes on the HF setting make a subtle but effective difference - e.g. -1 or -2 will tame out a lot of brightness.

My understanding (as a RSP-1068 users) is that the contour controls work in STEREO mode but not in BYPASS mode - but I don't have the RSP-1068 to be sure.

Geoff

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"