X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gizmo
    • Jan 2005

Rotel+dynaudio contour center or...T2.1

Hi ...i have a Rotel and need a advice with a good center.
    I have 2 options

Dynaudio Contour Center
    or Dynaudio Contour 2.1 T
    ....look specs!!!

in T. 2.1 option
    or

in Dynaudio Contour Center option

Please...i find some diference in frequency range...but....i dont know if T 2.1 is better for music or what.
    Advises?...tks...tks a lot!
  • lvhung
    • Jun 2005

122C Audience

Comment

• obiwan
      • Jul 2005

What are your main speakers Gizmo? I've gone off horizontal centre channels. If your mains are Dynaudio, I'd go for an Audience 52, 52SE or a Contour 1.3, SR, S1.4 or Special 25. You'd probably have to buy a pair but you could use the spare one as the rear effects in a 6.1 set up, or just keep as spare parts. You'll definitely get a smoother frequency response across a wider seating area with vertically orientated bookshelf than a horizontal centre. Do a search on the effects of "comb filtering" when you have identical woofers separated horizontally.

Comment

• tmueller
        • Sep 2004

Gizmo- I will do my best to help you out but I need some more info. like the rest of the posters alluded to. First off-What is the associated equipment? I am currently running the Contour CSX for my center channel with Contour 5.4s for my mains. This package, to me, is ideal for balanced sound across the front soundstage. I will say this-if you don't have anything in the Contour line for fronts it may be overkill the two choices you are looking at. Don't misunderstand what I am saying-we all know the huge importance of a great center channel for ht use but, my Contour CSX takes all of my Halo A51 to come alive. Assuming you don't have as much power (maybe you do) and assuming you don't have any Contour products (again maybe you do) I would steer you in the direction of the 122c in their Audience line. It will be more efficient in that it will be easier to drive than anything in the Contour line for your Rotel gear at a more palatable price point. Furthermore, if you have any Audience gear up front you will actually get improved symmetry and balance by using a comparable center to your mains.

Please respond with the associated equipment so that I can be of further assistance.

Tyler T. Mueller

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"