X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

That Zany ebay Again!

Looked at Rotel for sales today at ebay and saw a company selling USED 1075 amps for $1,300. Man, if they can sell these at that price, I need to find some New York bridge stock to peddle there to make my fortune!
    Last edited by shadow; 30 July 2006, 09:49 Sunday.
  • deke
    • Dec 2005

I saw the same thing... and an RSP-1066 for $1200 also. I'll be surprised to see any bids.

Comment

• Alex999
      • Jun 2006

People still bid more money on ebay than what most of rotel compontnts are going at on Audiogon. I purchased all of my rotels on Audiogon and I'm happy. It's a small community and prices are fair.
      Last edited by Alex999; 29 July 2006, 13:45 Saturday.

Comment

• GregLett
        • May 2005

They're paying for there ignorance.
        Greg

Comment

• Alex999
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by GregLett
          Well said Greg.

Comment

• chachi
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by GregLett
            And at times God love'em for doing so ;x(
            Links: My DVD Collection
            Video: Sagem 56" HD RPTV, Oppo BD-83
            Audio: Rotel RSP-1069, RDD-980, 2x RB-1070, RB-993
            Spkrs: Wharfedale Pi-30s x2, Pi-Centre, Si-Fi Orbs x2, BK XLS-200 subs x2

Comment

• sirbogey
              • Mar 2006

On Sunday I was about to bid on a 1y old RCD1072, but once it hit GBP250 I gave up. It exchanged hands for GBP320 which is USD600.

Comment

• revelman
                • Jul 2006

I remember seeing a winning bid last june for a used rotel 1075 amp at 1125. How moronic is that? Might as well buy a new one and save yourself some money.

Comment

• soundhound
                  • Mar 2004

The bottom feeders hang out on epay, so what can one expect. Agon is good, except I have even heard some of the "vets" there say they think it is sliding downward a tad.
                  Last edited by soundhound; 04 August 2006, 06:45 Friday.

Comment

• deke
                    • Dec 2005

In my opinion, unless eBay does something about the rampant (and ever growing) fraud on the site, it will go the way of the dinosaur for bigger ticket items. Revenues are dropping. Unfortunately, the Gon doesn't offer security either.

Comment

• Alex999
                      • Jun 2006

My experience with Audiogon is very positive (I spent around $4000 and didn't have any problems with the guys I was dealing with). As I said it is a small community and most of the guys are honest. However as it grows it is hard to predict what is going to happen and yes they do not offer any security. Ebay is something else. Too much scam (e.g. check out listing of B&W speakers, you can get a mint pair of 802s for less than $900 - from China of course, seller accept bank transfer only and you need to make sure you email him first outside of ebay...). They need to put their act together.

Comment

• sirbogey
                        • Mar 2006

and most of the chinese sellers have zero feedback and are hijacking an ongoing auction (copy it word for word). Happened to me, when I was trying to sell my notebook. Had to relist everything. Ebay is simply unable to cope with the increasing amount of fraud. If you ask me, ebay is a sell...

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"