X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert
    • Jan 2004

RSP-1066/headphone amp application options

I recently purchased a pre-owned RSP-1066 to replace a Denon AVR-2801 that served as a pre\proc. After conducting a search of this Rotel board, I want to make certain I understand my options for headphone amp applications.

A headphone amp rig can only be connected to the "tape out" RCA jacks and it is limited to the playback of the source connected to the "tape in" RCA jacks. In other words, the "tape out" signal is not universal to all sources of playback (i.e., DVD-V, DVD-A/SACD, CD, tuner).

Is my understanding correct? Are there other options I am not aware of? Thanks.
  • kneptune
    • Jan 2004

Hi Robert,

Using the record out source selection capability on the 1066, you should be able to route any analog signal to the tape out jacks (or you could consider using the zone 2 output with associate zone 2 out selection). Only analog sources are routed to the tape out and zone 2 outputs, ie., cd players, tuners, aux inputs such as a vcr, dat, etc. All Rotel pre/pros don't do any digital/analog conversion from any of the digital input to the zone 2 or tape out output.

This makes some sense as your multichannel sources (other than Dolby headphone decoding) would not normally be listened too through headphones.

I am in the process myself of looking at the Senn HD600s with a headphone preamp for my system as well. Hope this helped.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"