X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kim
    • Jul 2006

RA-06 integrated in surround??

Hello, and thanks for having this great forum :T

I have recently purchased a Creek Evo cdplayer and I was looking for a good amp for my speakers.

I'm now using Denon 3805 with my 5 channel set, but am looking into stereo and im getting rid of my JBL center-speaker 'cause it doesn't match my Epos at all.

In the end I will buy a Epos center, but 'til then Im thinking of a 4.1 system using my front speakers as center as well.

My question is can I use the RA-06 as an poweramp for my frontspeakers in surround working with the Denon, as well using it alone in stereo when listening to CDs at my cdplayer?
    I guess the pre-amp in Ra-06 are better than the pre-amp in 3805 so I was thinking of connecting my cdplayer to the ra-06...

This will probably work, just want it confirmed ;x(
  • black_cloud
    • Jul 2006

Sure, connect RCA from the CD player to the RA6 for 2 channel, use the FL and FR pre-outs on the back of the denon amp and go to a different input on the RA6, use an optical cable from the CD player to the denon. Only problem with this is that you will have to set the volume of the RA6 to the same level every time you listen to surround formats.

Comment

• Kim
      • Jul 2006

Hmm, thanks for taking your time to answer me
      You're thinking of sacd or something?
      I'm only connecting my cd-player to the Ra-06, I have no interest in connect it to Denon.

I have the dvd-player connected to my Denon receiver.

But if I use a rca from pre out l\r from Denon to my Aux-1 input on the Ra-06, and then when I want to see a film I choose input Aux-1 on the ra-06 it will work as a power-amp?

It kinda makes sense - but is this a solution you would choose?
      I really like Rotel, but I don't have enough money to go for an all-rotel-set.

Rotel should make an intergrated or pre-amp with pre-in, or have they already?
      I tried to find one but..

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"