X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drosophila
    • Dec 2004

Rotel and Epos combo

Hi folks,
    I'll cut straight to it - i'm in the process of planning a new ht/music system based around Rotel amps/processing. Thus far, i'm decided on speakers (Epos M5 for front/rear, M8 for center), but i'm unsure of the best combo of Rotel equipment to drive everything.

I don't need huge amplification, since i'm in an apartment, and have thus far decided on the RSX-1055. I mostly just need a good, stable Rotel (the sound has me hooked after auditioning) that will deliver good 5.1 performance along with nice, detailed stereo for music and 2.1 japanese dialog for anime.

What i'm wondering is whether this is too much/too little for the Epos (which are 4 ohm), whether I could/should go for Rotel seperates (and still say within the budget of $1000 max), or at the least, whether anyone else has matched up Epos/Rotel and their general thoughts on the pairing. Used market is where i'm aiming, so don't be afraid to toss out an idea for something that's above budget when new, but likely to be attainable on audiogon, etc.

Any ideas, or have I already chosen a fairly decent setup?
  • dcluley
    • Jan 2005

Epos / Rotel

I am a HUGE fan of both Epos and Rotel - I purchased used M15 speakers a year ago from Decible Audio in Chicago - thru and Ebay listing - I paid $505 with shipping - a great deal, I then picked up a used Rotel RSX-965 75x5 also on Ebay - $415 - What a great combination!!

I was driving my Epos with an inexpensive JVC 110x5 receiver and the Rotel blows it away (as I knew it would) - the 75 watts of Rotel power is really susficient. Of course I'd love the 1055, or 1056 for the 2 zone feature, or a 1067 would do nicely as well, but alas my subs (2) are cheap KLH 10" ers,
    my rears are Boston Acoustic Book Shelf speakers and my center is a Bose ASC 10 - I think I'll be updating those to a new sub (?) Epso M5's for the rear and a M8 center before I update the receiver.

:E One speaker you may want to consider - (I intend to check them out next time I'm in Portland - especially for a new sub) is the Aperion Audio line.
    They were just reviewed again in Home Theater Mag. - and have many other reviews on their web site.
    They are made right there in P-town Or.

Good Luck -
    Drew

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"