X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AztecKing
    • Jul 2006

RSX-1056 and computer ??

I am reading in the manual about being able to operate this unit from a computer with audio system control software from third party developers and wonder where I can find this software and what will it let me do? Any help is appreciated.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's mainly for home automation systems and computer based automation software. There was some software a guy wrote for controlling the 1065,1066, or 1055, but it was never updated to support newer models. All it did was give you a computer remote with a copy of the display.

If you can program, the command structure is available at Rotel.com. The software that can do it now is designed for complete system control and does cost $$$. Even with that, the cabling is limited to about 100' from the unit to the computer.

Kevin D.

Comment

• AztecKing
      • Jul 2006

Thanks Kevin. I was hoping that there was something out there that would allow me to play music stored on my computer through my Rotel receiver using the ethernet cable.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Nope, the RJ45 (ethernet) plug is just a plain serial connection in a different wrapper.

Kevin D.

Comment

• AztecKing
          • Jul 2006

Thanks for the help Kevin! The mystery is solved.

Comment

• Stephan
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by AztecKing
            Thanks Kevin. I was hoping that there was something out there that would allow me to play music stored on my computer through my Rotel receiver using the ethernet cable.
            I recently got myself a SqueezeBox v3. A neat little device which can stream various kinds of audio formats (including flac, wav and lossless wma) to your hifi system. And it's fabulous! To me this is the best innovation since the introduction of the CD-player. I don't know if you've already heard of it. If you don't it's well worth checking out. Here is were you can find the details.

Regards,
            Stephan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"