X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ilko
    • Aug 2003

Rotel in stereo setup

Hello!

I have been reading on this forum for sometime now, but I must say that I am rather amazed to see hardly any people posting on stereo setups. I currently use a Rotel RC/RB-1070 combination with two Elac 209JET speakers (German build, www.elac.com). I would very much like to add a 1055 to replace my current Yamaha surround processor, but this is not financially feasible yet. However, I am very pleased with using Rotel in my stereo setup!

But, what my question was.... What are peoples experiences here with using Rotel in stereo setups? And what combinations of kit, speakers and cables do you use?
  • cofn
    • Dec 2002

Almost all of my music listening is 2 channel. I just can't bring myself to listen to it any other way, not anymore at least. I currently use the RSP-1098 and have my fronts driven by the RB-1090 and the other 5 channels by the RMB-1095. I wanted the extra power up front to really make my DefTech BP2000TL's sing. This Pre/Pro really makes 2 channel music jump out of the speakers and punch you in the nose. And the fact that the DefTech's are Bi-polar really makes for a large sweetspot. Cable's are nothing special yet. We will be moving and building a house in the next 2 years, and a dedicated HT is going in, so I am making due till then. Just using a spool of Home Depot 12 gauge speaker wire, and mid range RCA cable for the amps for now.

Comment

• lcajiga
      • Aug 2003

Dear cofn, I'm using a 1080 to power the Def. Tech. 7001SC and they sound excellent. I'm just wondering if the extra watts from 200 to 380 will be a HIGH impact when listening HT or 5.1 channel concerts. Have you tested both?

Regards,
      Luis

Regards,
      Luis

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
      Regards,
      Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Luis I sent you an email about the size of your signiture :nono:

Comment

• cofn
          • Dec 2002

Icajiga

I find the extra power blends nicely with 7.1 HT use. I have not tested the 1080 so I cannot comment to much on it. I haven't found the 1090 to be noticibly different from the 200 watts that go to the rest of the speakers from the 1095 though. I just like to know I have alot of headroom incase I need it. I also listen to alot of 2 channel music, so I wanted a few extra db's. Besides, the RMB-1095 and the RB-1090 are the same size, and look great on each side of the Entertainet center, I have a thing about symmetry. :LOL:

Can't comment much about concert sound as I am not a fan of live music what-so-ever.

Comment

• ffejywig
            • Aug 2003

My System

Speakers>>>>>Canton Ergo DC 122=Mains (Awesome) F/R=20H to 30K SPL 1/W@1M=90db imp=4...8( imp same for all listed) Power handling=250 cont>400peak
            Canton Ergo CM 52=Center Ch. F/R=26H to 30K
            Canton Ergo DC 22=Rears Ch. F/R=33H to 30K
            Subs= REL Storm III Sub F/R=16h to???? It is bad a** and Jamo (for H/T only) D8 Sub F/R=25H to 120H (LOUD) but not good for music hence the REL. I do use both for movies
            Pre/Pro=Rotel RSP 1066 W/ 1.5 Firmware for the H/T Pre=McIntosh C-15 Pre for Stereo (The Mac has 2 pair of out-puts for Bi-Amping)
            NAD 541i for cd's
            Onkyo DV-S 757 for DVD-V and DVD-A
            Panamax 5300 Line Conditioner
            2>>>TWO! Rotel RB 1080's (one for each main speaker Vertically Bi-Amped) power amps>>>>>>>>WOW!!!!!!!
            1 - RB 993 for the center and the 2 rears.
            Room size = 18’ wide with side opening, 32’ deep and 9.75’ high
            TV= LG 34 Flat CRT Multi System HDTV.
            Cables= Van Den Hul - Transparent - Chord - Audio quest - Straight Wire.

And I Like IT!!! Any thoughts???

Jeff Hopkins

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"