X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob Baker
    • Apr 2006

speaker cable

hey guys, have a speaker cable question. i'm relocating my system set up making room for my girlfriend move in. I have a RSX 1065, Energy C-5 speakers. I'm setting up in corner placement which i know is not the greatest set up. Don't really have much other options. My front are really to far away from the tv for the best speaker placement but i can't get them any closer. they are at equal distance away which is 6 feet (to far) with the center being on top of the tv. The receiver is very close to the left front, with in 2 feet with the front right being atleast 15 to 17 feet runing the cable along the wall board or even under the floor to the front right. How important is it that the speaker cable stay at the same length as on another ? If one is 2 feet and the other side is 15 plus....any issues with this ? Thanks guys.

Rob Baker
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not real important at all. When you get to larger runs it can have an adverse effect on impedence and power, but under 1-200 feet you won't notice a difference.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"