X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddyg
    • Mar 2004

Q: 1098, selecting input for Zone 2 via IR

Hi,

Just found this Forum, spent some time browsing and found some great hints. However...

I just got my new 1098 all connected up and spent the first half of the evening upgrading the firmware.

I'm having issues with selecting inputs via IR on zone 2. Early on I decided that the RR-1050 was about as good as a paper weight, and so I'm using my existing Sony RM-VZ950T learning remotes for both zones.

However I can't figure out how to learn the discreet IR codes for the Zone 2 inputs.

On the 1050 you appear to perform some sort of ninja movement using the Zone key followed by a long press of an input key. This works some of the time and the input changes.

I tried teaching this to the Sony, and the Sony ignored it.

Is there something that I'm missing? I'd dearly love to discard the 1050 as soon as practicle.

Cheers, Edward.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

There is no 'discrete' code for zone source. You have to do the combination of the zone button to put the 1098 into zone mode and then one of the source buttons within 3-4 seconds. Not sure how your learning remote works, but you will need to learn both codes and fire them out in a macro.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

How are you sending the IR commands from Zone 2 to the 1098? If you are using a hard wired system that's plugged directly into the Zone 2 input on the back of the 1098 you shouldn't have a problem just using the regular device input (CD, DVd etc) The pronto file I use does have a dedicated Zone 2 page though with codes that work perfectly for me.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"