X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicente
    • May 2004

Originally posted by Wardo
    Unlike Vicente, I prefer the analog side of this player.
    Well, probably I didn't explain myself right. I prefer also the analog side of this player for CD's (and also in rdv1060).

What I wanted to say is that I think differences among 1092 and 1060 are greater in digital than in analog.

Even I had to do some blind test with my son's help to ensure that analog sound was better in the new unit.

Let's note that this was a completely new unit, so maybe the sound will refine after some burn in time.

Thanks to all of you for you comments. Thanks Metallo for the Postchronicle article. I agree with the report and I have to say too that also a couple of times, touching something on the menu (or changing the audio or display features, I don't remember), while watching a movie, it went to fast scan.

This thing never happened while playing a disk normally.

The only report I'd want to see now is a good comparative between this player and for instance the Marantz 9600 (a little bit pricey, but probably better in the audio side?) or the top of the Denon players (including the new 3930).

Best regards

Comment

• len73
      • Jan 2005

Hi there !

It's been such a long time since my last visit...

Funny...as I am still looking for a second DVD-player (I already own a 3910)...Still difficult to find real review of the RDV-1092. The 3930 is out now, and very very well quoted in several reviews...

Anyone already made a direct comparison between the 1092 and the 3930 ?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,

Len

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

Originally posted by len73
        Hi there !

It's been such a long time since my last visit...

Funny...as I am still looking for a second DVD-player (I already own a 3910)...Still difficult to find real review of the RDV-1092. The 3930 is out now, and very very well quoted in several reviews...

Anyone already made a direct comparison between the 1092 and the 3930 ?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,

Len
        I have one suggestion: If you want great performance for the money - Denon DVD-2930ci and if you want the audio in the same class, then 3930ci.

Comment

• mars
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gianni
          I have one suggestion: If you want great performance for the money - Denon DVD-2930ci and if you want the audio in the same class, then 3930ci.
          I can not begin to emphasize how good the above advice is... I was not impressed with rotel's RDV 1092 ( I am a rotel fan and wanted to like the 1092 so badly - I still feel like Rotel let me down somehow ). The new Denon's are much better units, I wound up going with one instead.

Comment

• KML
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Vicente
            First impression is that it is a little bit slower than the 1060 but no biggie. Also there is a little drawback that the projector should be connected in HDMI before turning on the reader. If you don't do this you don't get any images. Also if you change the projector mode to components the HDMI transmission is lost from the player and you need to restart it again from zero to recover the HDMI link. (My dealer told me this is normal in all HDMI readers).

On my DV-9600 from Marantz it doesn't have to restart or anything to reset to HDMI. I can switch from HDMI to Comp, s-Video, composite ++ as i wish on the PJ, not needing any restart og resetting on the dvd player - so i think the salesman did a little bluff there.....

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"