X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boxer82003
    • Apr 2006

does rotel have a reciver comming out with this

i was looking at the HK avr 745 and noticed this.

"Ready for the future, the AVR 745's DCDi by Faroudja video processing flawlessly upscales all incoming video to 720p or 1080i high definition and outputs it through an HDMI jack. "

does any rotel recivers or pre/pro do this yet
    Main Linn Ninka
    Center Linn AV5120
    Rear Linn Ninka
    Sub B&W ASW 650

Processor Rotel RSP-1570
    Amp Rotel RMB-1075
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

I think it's coming in the 1068/1098 series, though not sure if they plan on releasing receivers that do this also. I'd imagine you'd see it debut on the RSP-1098 replacement, and slowly filter down to the receivers over time, but they might do receivers next year (if ever)

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

Should be in the 1058. Will be in receivers first because these sell far more volume than pre/pros, and the competition has it. That is the sole reason why the 1057 came out when it did since the only difference from the 1056 is the HDMI inputs and outputs, which was done solely to keep up with the competition. Problem for you is the 1058 is not likely to be here till early next year :cry:

Comment

• boxer82003
        • Apr 2006

i really miss my harman kardon i used to have the avr 535 now i have a denon 3805 and i am a bit dissapointed in it so i have no problems going back to harman
        Main Linn Ninka
        Center Linn AV5120
        Rear Linn Ninka
        Sub B&W ASW 650

Processor Rotel RSP-1570
        Amp Rotel RMB-1075

Comment

• shadow
          • Dec 2003

I have had two Denon receivers and was unimpressed with both. Nice features and quality but flat, uninvolving sound IMO. Have a 2900 dvd player for three years and still happy with it. HK has great receivers but seem to have some significant QC problems if you believe the threads on the audio forums.

Comment

• Clepto
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by shadow
            Should be in the 1058. Will be in receivers first because these sell far more volume than pre/pros, and the competition has it. That is the sole reason why the 1057 came out when it did since the only difference from the 1056 is the HDMI inputs and outputs, which was done solely to keep up with the competition. Problem for you is the 1058 is not likely to be here till early next year :cry:
            Yeah, I couldn't see them having the 1056, 57, and 58 being made in the same year. It's a shame that the interim solution of the 57 was just HDMI video ports instead of incorporating the features of what they'll be putting in the 1058.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"