X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaynyc
    • May 2009

Opinion please: AVC-2500 vs. other current pre-pros and receivers

Background: I use my Parasound AVC-2500 for HT audio only: HD cable box, Blu Ray, and HD-DVD players. I have other DACs and vinyl for 2-channel music listening, and HDMI switches for video. My system if you are curious:
    Audio Asylum - Inmate Systems - Audio Asylum - Welcome! To add your system, you must register.

I am currently "satisfied" with AVC-2500, but am curious...

Opinion please: How does the AVC-2500 compare, sound quality wise, for HT only usage, to current pre-pros like the Onkyo/Integras, the pre-pro sections of current Yamaha or Denon receivers, etc.. I am aware that Blu Ray offers HBR (HD) audio codecs which are superior (to most people) but if I were to compare sound quality of standard Dolby Digital on the AVC-2500 with another more current model, would I hear a very noticeable and very desirable improvement? Enough to warrant the purchase, etc..?

Said differently, just how good or how crappy are the AVC-2500 DACs in 2009 vs. the competition for HT audio?

Thank you.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

jay, just wanted to say welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"