X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • talannar
    • Oct 2005

1068 changing audio modes

I've had my 1068 for about 2 months now. I have my DVR/Cable box plugged into coax 1 and video 1 (component). Since I only have 2 speakers at the moment, I had the 1068 set up for PCM 2ch default. Everything was working well.

Just 10 minutes ago I accidently hit the Tuner button on the unit. Realizing my mistake, I pressed the Video 1 button. The unit popped up with Dolby PIIx. So, I hit the 2ch button. Now the unit is displaying Dolby D 2ch, not PCM 2ch.

When I change the channel on my DVR, the 1068 flashes over to PCM 2ch, but then goes right to Dolby PIIx. Every time I change the channel. It didn't do this before, but I can't figure out what I did to screw it up.

Any thoughts? I want PCM 2ch to be default for all channels like it used to be (it says it is default on the OSD)
    Bill
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Any channel that comes over in Dolby Digital can't be PCM 2ch. The unit defaults to applying PLIIx over DD signals. Dolby Digital signals have their own set of defaults. When you get a DD signal, you need to cycle through the MODES, not just hit the 2ch button, and set it to regular Dolby Digital. From that point on DD signals should default to DD 2ch. Most you're HD channels and movie channels will come over in DD, try switching to a regular cable channel and it should go back to PCM 2ch.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andy_Steb
      • Aug 2004

A little more on what Kevin posted, your cable box should have a setting for digital output (Dolby or PCM).

Comment

• talannar
        • Oct 2005

I checked through the audio settings in the cable box and didn't see anything that allowed me to switch between digital, in fact, I didn't see anything that stated whether I wanted to send a digital or analog signal.

I tried changing to different channels but every channel is popping up DD PIIx. Since I only have the two front speakers, I disabled the center, surrounds, and sub. That works for now.
        Bill

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"