X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xtc
    • Mar 2004

Rotel 1098

hi - am new to rotel club - apologies havent read thru all old posts - the clicking sound on the Rotel 1098 - whats with this? havent done any of the new software downloads - has this been catered for possibly - otherwise happy as hell with the 1098 which is huge inprovement over my previous processor - thanks
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That depends on which clicking you're refering to? The 1098 uses high quality mechanical relays to switch inputs etc where many cheaper models use electronic switches that are silent. The downside is you'll hear a click noise as it switches from one source to another etc.

Comment

• xtc
      • Mar 2004

Hi Andrew - thank u for responding - have been away for some time so apologises for replying only now - the clicking is there when changing sources but it also occurs every now and again when eg watching tv - similar clicking sound as when changing sources just very loud - many thanks and regards

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

xtc,

If the RSP-1098 clicking during TV is "very loud" is it through the speakers or just internal. Through the speakers can be a number of issues - mains interference and heat being the most common two I am aware of (e.g. having the RSP-1098 above a powerful amplifier and it gets too hot. or noise on the mains or in the digital cable). If it is internal clicking then this is relocking on the digital signal with the relays - normally only happens with a change of format (e.g. from a movie to an advertisement.)

Geoff

Comment

• radim
          • Feb 2004

I'm the new owner 1098 (replaced by 1066).
          I'm recognizing this baby now. Beautiful sound.
          But I've one (first) problem. How can I pernamently display source and volume on the TFT ? Is this possible ?

Thanks. Radim.

Comment

• whmacs
            • Oct 2003

Hi Radim,
            Either press the menu button on the remote or on the front panel and this will cause the status display screen on the TFT to remain on. Holding down the menu button for 3 seconds will turn off the TFT all together.

cheers,
            Stephen

My Home Theatre
            My Home Theatre

Comment

• radim
              • Feb 2004

Yes, you're right.
              But I would like to display only source and sound level. Not all the status screen.

Radim.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

Radim,

As far as I know what you ask for is not currently supported by the RSP-1098. In fact the wish list focus has been more about permanently turning the TFT display off, rather than having it on all the time with the input and the volume.

However - that aside I can see your point - many Receivers permanently display the source and volume on their dot matrix display so I'm happy to add it to the wish list for the future as a user selectable option.

Geoff

Comment

• radim
                  • Feb 2004

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"