Did you hear about this news from Rotel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rotel_KEF
    • Feb 2006

Did you hear about this news from Rotel?

I have this from a forum in Germany and talked with Rotel Germany. He said that's correct what's stand here and hope so.
    RSX-1058 (approx. EUR 2,300, -) and RSX-1068 (something over EUR 3,000, -): approx. september 2006, both with genuine video scaling up to 1080p and HDMI.
    RSP-1069 (approx. EUR 2,500, -): approx. september 2006, with genuine video scaling on 1080p and HDMI.
    RSP-1099 (approx. EUR 4,500, -): approx. december 2006, with TFT panel and genuine video scaling on 1080p and HDMI.
    The two RSP models will enable 4-zone-AV-functions as well as setup over PC by means RS-232.
    Over internal HDCP processing as well as decodable audio formats at present still no specifications are available.
    I also heard, that at this time or a little bit later will come a FM/DAB tuner in series 10 style. And it will also come a universal player with SACD with a cheaper price then the 1092.
    I think this are great news, but i also hope that this are not only informations, it will also come at this time.
    What you think about it?
    Rotel_Kef
  • foeth
    • Apr 2006

Add up to following

And it will also come a universal player with SACD with a cheaper price then the 1092.
    and

RSP-1069 (approx. EUR 2,500, -): approx. september 2006, with genuine video scaling on 1080p and HDMI.
    equals no vacation this year :M But seriously, the 1069 and 1099 were expected. I didn't really expect the 1080p upscaling, meaning that Rotel probably shelved the RVE 1070 as it would become complete redundant. The SACD player is good news, I hope this is true.

With HDMI, you can also be pretty sure that you can buy an additional HD/BluRay player to operate next to the SACD player and both have 5.1 connections to the preprocessor, something that is lacking on the older models. Well, lacking, not that there is a model that does have multiple 5.1 inputs?! The RVE 1070 is supposed to be only a video switcher. The new preprocessors can do a bit more.

Sounds great though... :T

Comment

• ICEMAN70
      • Apr 2006

I'll believe it when i see it. Rotel is usually late with their products. September sounds too early. Because the RSX 1057 just come out and to replace it with 1058 allready sounds weird to me. But than again it is good news but i think it might be just rumors for now.

Also how about the new formats to support HD DVD's? I don't think we won't be seeing those yet. Till the new formats come out i am not buying a new pre/pro.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The 1057 and 1058 will be different 'models' with different price points. Both will be sold at the same time.

Kevin D.

Comment

• shadow
          • Dec 2003

i am skeptical too. Something is coming, but don't bet the ranch you will see it in September. :W
          Last edited by shadow; 12 June 2006, 07:45 Monday.

Comment

• bzrk
            • Oct 2005

hmmm...

And what about dolbyhd & dtshd or whatever it is called? Otherwise you have to upgrade again in 1 year time i guess?
            Gr. Sebastian

Comment

• shadow
              • Dec 2003

Yet another reason to hold onto your money until we see whether these new pre/pros and receivers can be updated with new hardware or need to be junked for yet another solution :roll:

Comment

• Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002

I do know that Rotel won't release anything until HDMI 1.3 is set in stone and they are 100% positive the DSP will handle the new Dolby and DTS flavors.

Kevin D.

Comment

• alpina
                  • Nov 2005

from what im hearing, 1.3 format will be finalised jul/aug '06 with models coming out dec '06 / 07

julie
                  My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• Adz
                    • Jan 2004

Wow....what do they say to their loyal customers who may have foolishly just spent $3,000 on a 1098? I know.....but it will get bleeped.
                    Adz

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

Not really much to say, new models do come out, technology changes, etc.. They can't just stop selling units for 6 months so that everyone can get justified usage out of it. The good thing with Rotel is the value holds so well and can still sell 2 model old units for a good price.

Kevin D.

Comment

• alpina
                        • Nov 2005

i think that timing speculations re hdmi 1.3 and the new HD audio formats have really brought the mid to top end market to a standstill.

i for one am looking at a new pre-pro, most likely the bryston sp2 but will not touch it till these new pieces of technology are added to the unit - and this is a unit that is upgradeable! i can only imagine what the waiting game is doing to consumers considering non-upgradeable units.

part of me just wants to get a really good 2ch preamp (bp26 perhaps) knowing that it wont date and wait to HT gear sorts itself out (IMHO - about 12 months time). only problem with this is that getting a 2ch preamp with a pre-pro from the same manafacturer makes no sense at all - lol

julie
                        My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• shadow
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Adz
                          Wow....what do they say to their loyal customers who may have foolishly just spent $3,000 on a 1098? I know.....but it will get bleeped.
                          It has been known for over a year that new formats were coming out. You buy a pre/pro since then that does not support the formats, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Comment

• foeth
                            • Apr 2006

I agree, I just bought the 1068 knowing quite well the new version is on the doorstep. Fortunately I progressed far enough with this hobby that I now consider that normal. The newer pre-processors are also a lot more expensive (video scaler I presume). I can image both can be purchased for a few months.

Comment

• Kobus
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Rotel_KEF
                              RSP-1069 (approx. EUR 2,500, -):
                              RSP-1099 (approx. EUR 4,500, -):
                              Rotel_Kef
                              How do these prices compare to the 1068/1098 in EUR. I just want to work out how much the new stuff would cost in my currency.

Kobus

Comment

• foeth
                                • Apr 2006

Benelux list prices

RSP-1068 (approx. EUR 1,700,- )
                                RSP-1098 (approx. EUR 3,500,- )

Comment

• Kobus
                                  • Aug 2005

Damn, 30-50% more.

Can this really be?

If I don't need the features, it is certainly not worth the wait.

Kobus

Comment

• foeth
                                    • Apr 2006

If the above info is true:

1) There is a video scaler for your old DVD (and any other video source). This is probably the expensive part (If you buy their or any other upscaling DVD player, you pay twice for the same technology, bummer!)
                                    2) It has HDMI. This is important, as it means I can connect my HD or Blue Ray player and my SACD player as well and still enjoy 5.1 playback (or 7.1...)

If this is not important, then don't wait If you think DHCP is not for you... Personally, I find the HDMI for multiple players is very interesting. Prices for the 1099 are now on par with the Arcam AV-9 which doesn't have upscaling.

Perhaps the newer preprocesors also use D-class amps... we'll see, if this matters at all.

Comment

• Adz
                                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by shadow
                                      It has been known for over a year that new formats were coming out. You buy a pre/pro since then that does not support the formats, you have no one to blame but yourself.
                                      I know... I know.... I wasn't trying to pick on Rotel (I generally reserve that for their amps :B) since many others will follow but to your point there are many consumers out there stepping up to separates that do not have the benefit of these Forums and in the very least I would expect the dealers to act with some integrity and explain to them what is going on (especially if they want to build a customer relationship).
                                      Adz

Comment

• shadow
                                        • Dec 2003

Who says the dealer does not tell them? Most people who want separates have large collections of music and movies and want to hear them with better fidelity, which is the professed point of separates. Even if the dealer does not tell the consumer about the upcoming formats, the consumer is always responsible to educate himself when he makes a purchase. The internet forums have been around for many years. If you can google, you can learn what you need about formats before you buy. Besides that, look at any magazine rack at any bookstore and virtually every audio magazine has front cover articles on blu ray and DVD HD.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                                          • Apr 2005

I happen to completely disagree with the "dates" on the original post... Rotel has already said to the dealers not to expect more than:

Class D range of amplifiers
                                          and
                                          one Scaling DVD player

in 2006...

I would expect almost everything on the original post to be 2007... I'll take wagers if anybody's up for it?

Comment

• Dmantis
                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                            • Jun 2004

Heres the short of it all. There will always be"the new format" coming out. You can't stop the change. Right now is an exciting time for us audio/video people. 2 new DVD formats(I wish only 1) and true digital pass to the monitor. The audio side of it is also being Improved which to me is always my first priority.

If your in the market for a new something, go get the best one you can afford, if you wait for the "new one" you will always be waiting. A new one is always coming out.If you want to know whats coming in Pre Pros or receivers, just watch Denon, they just right out first and try to market the"new thing" all the time.

Unless you need HDMI switching or unhappy with your current Rotel Pre or receiver, there is really no need to upgrade anytime soon. The new one will come out, if the new features are what you need, then go for it. Don't sit around and worry about it. I have alot of experience in this and have learned over the years.

My DVD player(Pioneer Elite dv47a) is a few years old now and has been on the chopping block for quite some time now. A few new players over the years almost got me to upgrade. Today I watch DVD's, listen to cd's SACD/DVD Audio and wonder why I want it out so bad. I'm still very happy with it's performance both audio and video wise. With the new DVD formats, I'm killing it wanting to get into one of them. Something tells me this is SACD/DVD audio all over again for some reason. I truely hope that they combine the technology or have one be the winner for the market to embrase like DVD did when it came out. The DVD format came out with nothing attached to it except Divx. That went away really fast and DVD is a great media.

I think what I'm trying to say is like i said in the begining, if you need it, get it, if not don't waste your money. There are so many cool upgrades you can do with your current system. Try to choose the ones that will benefit you the most.

Good luck people

Dan

Comment

• Adz
                                              • Jan 2004

Who says the dealer does not tell them?
                                              Ahhhh...nobody is saying that, although the dealer by me for a fact would not and would rather have the sale now and a potentially pissed off customer later. However, what I was saying, to state it more clearly, is that dealers (assuming they SHOULD know) should tell their customers if newer models from the same company are about to come out. That's all, and that info sometimes can't be found very readily on the internet or in magazines until its too late.
                                              Last edited by Adz; 11 June 2006, 20:40 Sunday.
                                              Adz

Comment

• Adz
                                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dmantis
                                                Heres the short of it all. There will always be"the new format" coming out.
                                                This aint PLIIx. Just talk to some of the Anthem/Toshiba HD users on this Guide who have been experiencing a nirvana in Hi-Def audio. And that's not even Dolby TrueHD lossless audio or full DTS-HD yet.

If your in the market for a new something, go get the best one you can afford, if you wait for the "new one" you will always be waiting. A new one is always coming out.
                                                I typically agree with that theory, except this time. I could be wrong, we'll see.

Unless you need HDMI switching or unhappy with your current Rotel Pre or receiver, there is really no need to upgrade anytime soon. The new one will come out, if the new features are what you need, then go for it. Don't sit around and worry about it. I have alot of experience in this and have learned over the years.
                                                Except for the poor fool that just laid out $3k on what is about to become an out of date processor (if Rotel can deliver on what is rumoured). Show me the person who wouldn't care.
                                                Last edited by Adz; 11 June 2006, 21:30 Sunday.
                                                Adz

Comment

• BWzes03
                                                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dmantis
                                                  My DVD player(Pioneer Elite dv47a) is a few years old now and has been on the chopping block for quite some time now. A few new players over the years almost got me to upgrade. Today I watch DVD's, listen to cd's SACD/DVD Audio and wonder why I want it out so bad. I'm still very happy with it's performance both audio and video wise.

Dan
                                                  I have the same player, (European version : DV 747A) and I also have not yet found any compelling replacement machine yet. I did have it modded on the audio side of its componentry after the warranty period was gone, it has a performance on the audio level that is very difficult to beat by machines less than 2.500 Euro's.
                                                  If only Rotel would come with a SACD / DVD-A player, that would finally make me concider to abandon my Pio....

Comment

• boe
                                                    • Jul 2004

I know I'll be throwing down a wad of cash on a Rotel or similar class, bang-for-the-buck, preamp/processor as soon as I can get one with HDMI 1.3 and support for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD. I realize I have to force myself to be patient and wait for all that new technology to be put in a good unit. My best guess is that I won't be parting with my money for another full year. Truth be told though, if I could get such a toy right now for under $2500, I would have the toy and not my money. Right now the brands I'll be watching are Rotel, newcastle, Denon(only because of the fervant hope they will go back to making preamps/processors) and Outlaw (not sure what others I should be but those are the ones that seem to be in the bang for the buck range).

Yep next year means - new HD/BR player, new preamp, new amps and a new TV provided all the technology is where I want it to be.

Comment

• shadow
                                                      • Dec 2003

Denon will NEVER make an affordable pre/pro. All the money for a big company is in receivers of various prices.

Comment

• foeth
                                                        • Apr 2006

Well, you also said that Rotel would NEVER make an SACD player and rumour has it they will...

Comment

• shadow
                                                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by foeth
                                                          Well, you also said that Rotel would NEVER make an SACD player and rumour has it they will...
                                                          Yeh right, just like the 1092. Rumor is such a reliable source for information, :roll:

Comment

• foeth
                                                            • Apr 2006

? Didn't they actually make the 1092 ? Looks a bit like this:

Comment

• shadow
                                                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by foeth
                                                              ? Didn't they actually make the 1092 ? Looks a bit like this:

No SACD and none coming. But guys like you kept saying for months it was rumored to have SACD when it was released. Course that proved not to be true, so now there are more "rumors" they will do it soon. I wish they would, but can't see it happening now. And Rotel is a small high end-leaning company. Denon is a large, mid fi company that makes its money on receivers. They will never get into affordable separates since they have no comparably sized market to buy them. Take it to the bank.

Comment

• boe
                                                                • Jul 2004

No SACD and none coming. But guys like you kept saying for months it was rumored to have SACD when it was released. Course that proved not to be true, so now there are more "rumors" they will do it soon. I wish they would, but can't see it happening now. And Rotel is a small high end-leaning company. Denon is a large, mid fi company that makes its money on receivers. They will never get into affordable separates since they have no comparably sized market to buy them. Take it to the bank.
                                                                I think both are more of the mid-fi makers. I'd say Denon has a wider range - from $250 to $7000 receivers (an even more expensive one on the way). They already have a broad range of other products. I don't see going for the seperates market an impossible leap for them. I'd much rather spend $7000 on a good preamp and some nice amps and interconnects. We all KNOW you would get much better sound from the seperates for the same if not LESS money.

In about 10 years, I would bet both Rotel and Denon will have some sort of HT media box that runs off a computer of some sort. While neither is in that market now (although the market does exist) it doesn't preclude them from entering it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                Search Result for "|||"