X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbarata
    • Feb 2003

RCD-1070 rejecting all CDs.

After 3 years working like a joy, my RCD-1070 suddenly started to eject all CDs. :M

Any suggestions how to solve this issue?

Regards.
    Pbarata
    Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
    Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

IMHO..You have a laser allignment problem. Needs to be serviced by your dealer and may have to be repalced. It will cost you, as you had it for 3 years!!!
    Cheers and good luck,
    Chinets

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Might try cleaning it out with compressed air first, but will probably need an alignment or laser unit.

Kevin D.

Comment

• pbarata
        • Feb 2003

Thank you for the suggestions.

I’m starting to be fed up with the low reliability from Rotel products. First was the RSP-1066 to have man digital processor board replaced, now it’s my CD player. So I under, what’s next?

Both my RCD-1070, RSP-1066 and RMB-1075 are 3 years old now !

I’m a particular gentle guy, always take good care of my systems, using every time clean CDs and just a moderate listener, maybe 1 hour per day. Apart from other brands that I have owned for the last 15 years, this is the first audio brand to have failures, namely Pioneer, Onkyo, JVC and Philips which still working like a joy.

It’s obvious to me now that the price of the repairs plus the price of the equipment, in my particular case, could really justify a more expensive investment in more reliable brands, right from the start !!! :x
        Last edited by pbarata; 06 June 2006, 02:53 Tuesday.
        Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
        Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• pbarata
          • Feb 2003

Just for the statistics my CD player got a new laser unit.

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

pbarata,

Just for the record, I experienced a simular problem with my RCD-1070, rejecting CDs. I found that the CD door cover had slipped slightly off the face of the door, issue repaired.

Peace and blessings,

Arman

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"