Help Guys!! Did I do the PLIIx update wrong?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eulogytool
    • Dec 2003

Help Guys!! Did I do the PLIIx update wrong?

Sorry for another one of these topics, but when I pay this much for a piece of equipment I want to make sure I'm doing things right...

I was ver 1.1.6 I installed the EPROM update and download ver 2.1.1 per the instructions to a T. Now I notice a few things that might be "Missing"

First of all PL2x is working fine (as far as I can tell...It sounds alot better).

1) According to Rotel per Dolby specs Dolby 3 Stereo was supposed to be changed to Dolby + 3 stereo. But mine still says Dolbly 3 Stereo.

2) I don't see any "Level adjustments" for PL2x center backs...
    When I go into Options under Input Setup, it says DPLIIx and it just has Mode, Optional Parameters, Panorama, Dimension, Center Width. And thats it. Nothing about the center backs.

This is all I noticed for now...But I am worried now that maybe I did the download wrong or it wasn't completed. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

eulogytool,

Dolby 3 Stereo was supposed to be changed to Dolby + 3 stereo. But mine still says Dolby 3 Stereo.
    This is subtle – As far as I can tell it says “Dolby + 3 Stereo” when you have a Dolby Digital source that you are applying 3 Stereo Processing to and it says “Dolby 3 Stereo” if you are applying Dolby 3 stereo processing to a normal (non Dolby Stereo) source. (It’s a really pedantic difference so don’t worry!

I don't see any "Level adjustments" for PL2x center backs...
    When I go into Options under Input Setup, it says DPL IIx and it just has Mode, Optional Parameters, Panorama, Dimension, Center Width. And that’s it. Nothing about the center backs..
    The issue that Rotel were referring to is them adjusting their internal relative master sound levels when generating the Center Back signals for DPL IIx. IE this is not a special parameter it is the fix that made Rotel comfortable to release DPL IIx (it’s why the held back 2.1.0). There are no special user accessible parameters for this – you use the normal sound level adjustments under the TEST TONE menu to change the relative levels to 0db (which is the master level Rotel adjusted in the 2.1.1 fix!)

It sounds like you have a perfect install – enjoy

Geoff

Comment

• eulogytool
      • Dec 2003

Thanks for the reply. Thats great news! I thought I might have did it wrong, but that makes me feel better.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"