X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaynaldo
    • May 2006

New 1092 (DVD) vs 1072(CD)

What's the opinion of the1092 being able to play CD's as well as the 1072. I figure with the price tag of $1500, no need to purchase a separate CD player. What's up with Rotel being made in China? Any questions as far as quality assurance.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

While I've heard they are shipping, I know of no one here that has one or even demoed one.

As far as being made in China, we don't need to get into any generalized comments about country specific products (we have members from all over the world, including China). But the factory is fully owned by Rotel and they have complete control over everything.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jaynaldo
      What's the opinion of the1092 being able to play CD's as well as the 1072. I figure with the price tag of $1500, no need to purchase a separate CD player. What's up with Rotel being made in China? Any questions as far as quality assurance.

newer DAC's and a newer board topology will make this a great player for audio and obviously video, as it will rank amongst only a small hand-full of 1080P DVD PLAYERS, INCLUDING hd-DVD PLAYERS - WHICH ARE 1080I MACHINES...

:B

Comment

• foeth
        • Apr 2006

and it will be the only one of that small hand-full of players uncapable of reading SACD...

Comment

• chinets
          • Jun 2005

Mr. Adrew Ward,
          Marantz DV 9600 will do all what you said about the 1092 and has even better specs and better DACs and BITS than the 1092 and will play both SACD and DVD-A and upscale tp 1080p and HDMI has probably the best picture quality od any DVD in the world and all the bells and whistles!!!!! and at $ 1,200 dollars!!
          So Check that out too!!!!!
          I was told the CD quality of this Marantz will out perform even the Rotel RCD-1072 so think about the 1092 twice for the money.
          Good Luck!!
          Chinets

Comment

• shadow
            • Dec 2003

It will be a nice boat anchor with no Blu Ray or HD-DVD capability and no SACD ability. :rofl: Seriously, it will be a fine player and had it come out a year ago, it would have sold well. With the latest developments in software, it is mainly a legacy device, and not a particularly complete one given its lack of SACD support. If I wanted to get a legacy machine of high quality, I would look at the new Arcam 137 that supports all audio codecs prior to the new HD formats.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"