X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJones
    • Jun 2008

Learning to use LspCAD (Lite Demo)

Hello,
    I've tried a variety of speaker design programs, not really gotten to know any of them. I noticed Mazeroth's thread mentioning LspCAD Lite, and the demo version. This demo version has an important feature that the other demos (LspCAD Std and LspCAD Pro) are missing: You can SAVE your projects.

To learn LspCAD I decided to model one of Zaph's speakers to which I could find .FRD and .ZMA files for all drivers: the BAMTM 8)

The Dayton DA175 .FRD and .ZMA files are available on Parts Express website and the Seas 27TFFC .FRD and .ZMA files are available on rjbaudio.com website. :T

I have started entering Zaph's BAMTM into LspCAD (Lite) and loaded the .FRD & .ZMA files for the corresponding drivers. I have not: modeled the box/baffle yet, and I had not entered the woofer's .Z axis offset yet. Also, I used - for the upper and + for the lower woofer's Y axis offsets, this is reverse from what I was supposed to input now that I started reading the LspCAD manual ops: .

If anyone would like to contribute/learn along, just look at it, whatever, you're welcome to - adding the box/baffle would seem to be the next step, which I started looking at this evening, now time for bed. :Z

I have attached the .ZIPed folder containing the .lsp project file and the drivers .FRD and .ZMA files: (you can see in the attached picture the Baffle Step isn't modeled yet)
    Attached Files
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"