X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timmay1969
    • Dec 2005

Speaker upgrade advicefor my RB-1080

Newbie needs help here...

I have my speaker upgrade narrowed down between the Revel F52 or Aerial acoustics LR5. I am currently using the Paradigm Studio 40's.

I am going to demo them side by side in the next 2 weeks.
    My question is, can my RB-1080 handle either of these speakers? Or will I need to upgrade my amp?

I am using the Anthem D1 processor for 2 channel for now but soon for the new theater room.

My source is the Rotel 1072.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
  • voxy
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by timmay1969

I have my speaker upgrade narrowed down between the Revel F52 or Aerial acoustics LR5. I am currently using the Paradigm Studio 40's.

My question is, can my RB-1080 handle either of these speakers? Or will I need to upgrade my amp?

I am using the Anthem D1 processor for 2 channel for now but soon for the new theater room.

In my opinion, you should also look at B&W. I am not sure about the 2 brands you had pointeed out but Rotel + B&W is always a safe bet.

Comment

• ahcryky
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by timmay1969

sorry wrong post.............
      Last edited by ahcryky; 15 May 2006, 23:50 Monday. Reason: wrong post

Comment

• grit
        • Jan 2005

I'm a HUGE Aerial Acoustic's fan, and I say go for them. Are you going for 2-ch stereo or 5-ch HT?

Comment

• timmay1969
          • Dec 2005

Eventually 5-ch HT when my basement theater is finished. I have upgradeitis and the $$.

Garrett, I see that you use the 1095 for you aerials, so I am thinking that my 1080 will power the aerials nicely. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"