X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micke.H
    • Sep 2004

Center level dropping with 1068..

Hi. I got a problem, when i look at a movie in 5.1 the center channel dropps a lot after a while :cry: wierd i think since i have used it for about 2 years know without any problems with the centerspeaker level ...
    How could this happend ?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Strange.. When it happens, can you the center level up and get some of it back? You can do it from the remote (hit 'C' and use the +/-).

Is it a drastic drop, are just slightly?

Kevin D.

Comment

• windshear
      • Dec 2004

I had/have a similar problem on my RSP1068. My problem is on the left main channel. I got suspicious and opened the unit and found that the output board with all the preout connectors on is full of cracks(specifically the fiberglass board. After reseating it works for a while but in time, i suspect as resistance on the cracks build up so the problem returns, usually over a few weeks. Im quite dissapointed by the poor quality of the board and the insufficient number of securing screws on the board which allows flex

Try reseating the cable on the preamp side , however be very carfull when doing this(moving the rca connector from side to side is a no no) as i noticed the board is very poorly secured and this explains all the cracks.

My problem is how to get the unit sent in and checked and fixed as its still under warrenty , but not to arouse suspicion about it being opened. Ps im not an electronics novice, having been in the industry for the last 13 years.

Comment

• Micke.H
        • Sep 2004

Kevin ,the drop is drastic and yes i can get som back when rising the level to max but its still too low...
        I tryed the factory deufalt and it seems to work for know....
        The 1068 gets very hot is thath normal ?

Comment

• Micke.H
          • Sep 2004

the problem remains.....ugh
          Last edited by Kevin D; 28 May 2006, 18:19 Sunday.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

The 1068 does get hot, hotter then some amps. How much air space do you have around it and above it? Does the problem seem to happen the longer it's used at a time?

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"