Is there going to be a new pre/pro to replace the 1068?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Is there going to be a new pre/pro to replace the 1068?

Is there going to be a new pre/pro to replace the 1068 anytime soon?
    I was considering going out to buy the 1068, but thought if there was going to be something new released that I might just wait.
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

Is there? Yes. Anytime soon? Its relative, but no. Q4? Thats my educated guess.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

BKSinAZ

Yes, its under development (still prototype)... Think same eatures + HDMI switching and support for the new HD DD and HD DTS formats (to whatever extent the standard stability allows...

Q4 is likely opitimistic - Rotel tend to spend a while "getting things right" with most of their recent produces slipping (RDV-1092 for example many months late).. So I'd be thinking into 2007

Geoff

Comment

• DL86
        • Sep 2005

I am also waiting for the release of the next pre/pro. Until then I am using my rx-v657 receiver

Comment

• Adz
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
          BKSinAZ
          ......Rotel tend to spend a while "getting things right"..... Geoff
          To bad they didn't apply that same philosophy when first designing some of their amps. Sorry, I couldn't resist
          Adz

Comment

• BKSinAZ
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by DL86
            I am also waiting for the release of the next pre/pro. Until then I am using my rx-v657 receiver
            Funny..same here, I've been using my RX-V2095 receiver with my RMB-1095 amp

Comment

• Mark_C.
              • Jan 2003

My dealer, who I have been buying from for a number of years now, told me it's unlikely a new pre/pro will be introduced this year. Rotel, he said, plans on marketing the new video scaler later this year as an add-on piece to the 1068/1098 via the RS-232 port.

Comment

• Dmantis
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2004

I feel Rotel should wait a bit. I 'm sure they will. There is no reason to jump right out and give us a new preamp. Let the others do it first. I'm sure Denon will have the first receiver with all the latest features out before anyone else. They always do.

I'm completely happy with my Rsp1068 for now. HDMI switching is becoming a factor but I can wait.

Dan

Comment

• grit
                  • Jan 2005

It's not HDMI switching I'm gonna miss so much as digital decoding of hi-def audio (HD-DD or HD-DTS). When they get both those features in, I'll upgrade.

Comment

• shadow
                    • Dec 2003

Might be nice to have a player that outputs the necessary digital data stream to decode, which currently is not in production

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"