X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megarotel
    • May 2006

new developments for the RSP 1098 ?

Are there new developments to be expected shortly for the RSP 1098 ?

hdmi perhaps ?

Thanks in advance,

MegaRotel
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

The 1098 replacement is due out, roughly around September. It remains to be seen if it will be an upgrade similar to the RSX lines (only adding HDMI switching) or something mroe substantial, such as HDMI audio support, Auto EQ, etc.

There might be some info out in the summer. My dealer mentioned that they were havign a large vendor showcase, and they were hoping for an update on Rotel's future plans during that...

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

It's going to be out later then september. Probably December is not 2007. Last I heard the low end receiver 'addition' is coming out first.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Mark_C.
        • Jan 2003

My dealer just told me that Rotel has no plans to drop either the RSP 1098 or the RSP 1068. The shelf lives of both can be extended with the addition of the new video scaler via the RS232 connector.

Comment

• foeth
          • Apr 2006

AFAIK, the video scaler is nearly as expensive as the 1068?

I do hope it does some HDMI to 5.1 analogue out switching. As long as Rotel isn't going to do SACD and the 1068 doesn't have HDMI, I'll probably end up with a separate SACD and BluRay/HDDVD player and I'd like both 5.1 channels connected to the 1068.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"