X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevo238
    • Apr 2006

Advice for good integrated

I'm new to the forum today. I started auditioning integrated amps in January of this year. The usual suspects, NAD, Cambridge Audio, Marantz, Jolida, Arcam, and finally Rotel, the RA-1062 to be exact. What I liked about the Rotel was that it had a gutsy, full bodied sound compared to the NAD and CA to start. The Marantz was way to warm, it sounded a little too smooth. I liked the arcam but it wasn't powerful enough. I think the Jolida is the equal of the 1062 but it's a hybrid and more expensive.
    I'd be pairing this amp with Monitor Audio's RS1 bookshelf speakers, a very accurate and airy speaker. It's a real sparkler.
    My question...finally. I frankly don't want to spend the $699 for the Rotel, but I like it's rather forward sound enough to consider a used Rotel integrated. Do you have any suggestions for one up to 7 years old that might fit the bill. Regards and thanks.

Steve
  • gd
    • Jan 2003

FWIW, my 10-yr old RA-985 still works and sounds great.

The 900-series Rotel integrateds leave little to be desired.

Check Audiogon... more likely than not you'll find a used 1062, among others.
    greg (gd to you)
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
    production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• lovepianos
      • Apr 2006

I Highly Recommend the Rotel RA-1070... if you can find one

Hi Steve -
      I've owned an RA-1070 integrated amp for 3 years, that Rotel unfortunately no longer makes. It's a beefy 100 watts RMS per channel, and the preamp of it is identical to the RC-1090 (not as perfect spec-wise, but close), so it's an awesome unit. It has the toroidal ransformers, and PLENTY of power for an integrated.
      I saw one on eBay that got snatched up quickly - you might want to just try a Google search to see if you luck out finding one
      - hope this helps.
      - Ted..

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"