X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adrian carreon
    • Mar 2006

just bought a rotel....

hello fellow rotel club fans!!! I'm very pleased and happy with my new RMB-1075 which I hope I did buy the right one for my budget....what I mean is I'm deciding which one should I get if 1075 or 1095 but budget wise I end up getting the 1075 instead of 1095. Anyway, no regrets 'coz before I bought this I test it with my Dynaudio Audience 72SE's and it blends well, well balanced with high, mids & lows (for my opinion) the high's is clear and the low's is good...it fills the room (17X19X9) so eventhough I end up on 1075 it still nice combination with my speakers.

Well, just wondering on the specs of 1075 which its says 200wpc/5ch on 4 ohms in mean DIN power output, what does it mean by this?

Well, thanks for the info on this.

;x( ;x( ;x( on ROTEL

Marantz SR8500; RMB-1075 Silver
    Dynaudio Audience 72SE; Audience 122C; Audience 42 & B&W ASW 600
    Samsung DV841; Samsung DLP 50"
    Cobalt Cable Interconnect; Audio Quest & Monster Cable
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Congrats and welcome. The DIN rating is it's true power rating with all channels driven at full frequency. Some manufacturers using power ratings for just one channel at one frequency. This leads to very exaggerated power ratings, and confusion among consumers.

Kevin D.

Comment

• adrian carreon
      • Mar 2006

kevin d,

thanks for your reply on this and welcoming here in the club...anyway, about what you've said earlier that the DIN rating is true power when all channels driven...correct me if I'm wrong or mis-understood on your info, meaning that when I'm playing 2 channels probability the wattages will go up? Also meaning of full frequency is full volume, am I correct? Sorry for my ignorance on the technical terms when it comes to a/v terms...hehehe ops: ops:

The reason why I ask this is if I did buy a good unit and it last for several years before thinking of upgrade again.

Thanks for your rinputs!!!

ROTEL rules!!!! ;x( ;x( ;x(
      :T :T :T

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by adrian carreon
        ...correct me if I'm wrong or mis-understood on your info, meaning that when I'm playing 2 channels probability the wattages will go up? Also meaning of full frequency is full volume, am I correct?
        The power delivered into two channels will go up, and can be significant in some cases (amplifiers). The design of the RMB-1075 lends itself to this by the vary nature of its design. All five channels share the same power supply, when some channels go unused the additional power reserves are made available to other channels.

By full frequency I believe Kevin is referring to the entire audible band that is delivered at the power specified. Some manufacturers will state power output at a particular frequency, which is usually on the upper end (typically 1KHz) and not where it usually counts most which is throughout much of the bottom end.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• adrian carreon
          • Mar 2006

rebelman,

I got it...!!! Thanks for your input on this.

Cheers!!!

:T :T :T

;x( ;x( ;x(

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"