X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starshaped
    • Jul 2004

Rotel with monitor audio RS1 plus RB 981

The two hi-fi dealers i have spoken to recently had both advised me not to put Rotel with monitor audio, but that was before i managed to secure a
    RA-01 amp on ebay for £ 100 which i am waiting to be sent and havent heard yet with the RS1's.

I heard the Monitor audio RS1's recently with a nad 352 and c272 bi-amped and it literally blew me away. I have never heard such a realistic live sound before. Even my mate at super-fi (who dont stock MA) was blown away by how everything sounded so live. it was simply the best sound i have ever heard on a hi-fi.

I am convinced know that any mid price speaker needs a lot of power to really come alive.

Obviously I could re-sell the rotel back on ebay, but is it worth trying it with a rotel power amplifier ? For example the rb-03 or the older RB 981 which pumps out 130 wpc? Did the combo i heard really sing becauce of the power at its disposable or just because of NAD's synergy with MA RS1's?

My mate who works at super-fi thinks that the entry level rotel amps would be far too bright for the MA's, but having said that my living room is nowhere near as lively as the demo room at super-fi and maybe a power amp would give it some refinement?

Any thoughts?
  • titan7
    • Dec 2005

Well, I was running my Monitor Audit GR-10s with a 60WPC Dennon receiver for a couple months I it did not sound bright, actually sounded really good. I upgraded to a Rotel system and of course it sound much better. The power did make the speakers come alive, I have a RB-1080. YMMV.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"