X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philo
    • Feb 2006

Rotel separates

I am looking for a receiver for my Monitor Audio GS10 speakers, but was wondering whether separates would be a better option. I have a restricted budget at the moment and couldn't afford the 1068, 1075 combo.
    I was wondering whether I could get a cheap receiver say the Marantz 4500 and use it as a pre amp for the 1075amplifier.
    Both 1068, 1075, is about $4000AUD and need to cut it down to about $2500. The 1075 is only $1500 which is good, but am wondering what my options are?
    I have also ordered a SVSPB10 sub, which I will be adding to the system as well.
    I will be using the system say about %40CDs, %60movies, need to be capable in both.
    I am a bit of a bass head so looking for a bit more grunt in the low end.
    For the next 6months or so, I will only have 2fronts and a sub, which I hope to upgrade in the future.
    I am looking for mainly sound quality here, picture is not a huge issue, so long as it has component.
    Any suggestions, or does anyone know any Rotel retailers in Australia that I could get a good deal from.

Philo 8)
    A
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

If you where in Canada or the U.S i would have recommended the Outlaw 970 pre/pro for the budget. But since they don't ship overseas why not look at a used RSP 1066. You should be able to find one at audiogon.com

Cheers,

Comment

• gd
      • Jan 2003

How about a Rotel RSX-1056 (or new 1057) receiver?

Should power your MA's easily, while staying very close to RSP-1068 sound quality.
      greg (gd to you)
      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• JDH
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Philo
        I am looking for a receiver for my Monitor Audio GS10 speakers, but was wondering whether separates would be a better option. I have a restricted budget at the moment and couldn't afford the 1068, 1075 combo.
        I was wondering whether I could get a cheap receiver say the Marantz 4500 and use it as a pre amp for the 1075amplifier.
        Both 1068, 1075, is about $4000AUD and need to cut it down to about $2500. The 1075 is only $1500 which is good, but am wondering what my options are?
        I have also ordered a SVSPB10 sub, which I will be adding to the system as well.
        I will be using the system say about %40CDs, %60movies, need to be capable in both.
        I am a bit of a bass head so looking for a bit more grunt in the low end.
        For the next 6months or so, I will only have 2fronts and a sub, which I hope to upgrade in the future.
        I am looking for mainly sound quality here, picture is not a huge issue, so long as it has component.
        Any suggestions, or does anyone know any Rotel retailers in Australia that I could get a good deal from.

Philo 8)
        A
        If your pretty tight on the Budget, I'd recommend a secondhand RSP-1066 and RMB-1075 from Ebay, local classifieds etc, secondhand they should cost under $2000 AUD and probabaly have some of the remaining Australian Rotel 3yr transfereable warranty available. Alternately if you shop around you will find you can buy a new RSP-1068 and RMB-1075 in Sydney for around $3000 to $3100 AUD, not $4000 AUD, however still above your budget . I purchased my RSP-1066 new from a Sydney HiFi store on runout in conjunction with the RMB-1075 for $2150 AUD.

With all the up and comming format wars, HDMI standards etc, now probably isn't a good time to be spending up big on a new pre-amp without these soon to be released features.

I used a Yamaha RX-V3000 as a pre-amp feeding a 2ch Rotel RB-1080 power amp then eventually sold the Yamaha and purchased the other Rotel gear. The Marantz receiver as a pre-amp with a power amp added would also be a good intermediate option.

PM me if you need further details on where I purchased my gear etc.
        Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• greenjudas
          • Mar 2005

I agree with JDH.I bought a new 1066 and an ex demo 1075.1066 was $950 and 1075 was $1200 =$2150.This falls well below your budget and should do nicely.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"