X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kahuna397
    • Apr 2006

NHT VT-3's and Rotel

Hello fellow gearheads, I am hoping someone with more experience and knoweledge can help me. I'am curious if my rmb-1095 and rsp-1098 will be a good match with the vt-3's I'm contemplating or maybe another choice should be considered. I'm a newbian, I'm greatfull for youre opinions and advice.
  • gd
    • Jan 2003

I think NHT makes great speakers... and your 1095 will have no trouble driving them... should be an excellent match.

As speakers are the most variable link in the chain, the only other advice I would give is to audition other makes if possible... in the same range, I also like Totem and Monitor Audio... but if you're looking at a used set and need to make a prompt decision, the NHTs should be fine.
    greg (gd to you)
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
    production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• kahuna397
      • Apr 2006

gd, thanks for the advice. There is no doubt that speakers are the most variable component in an audio sys. and I wholeheartedly agree. I've auditioned Proac, Paradigm, Aerial, and have not listened to Totem. All are very good. The NHT VT-3 sys. comes complete with towers, center and surrounds, condition as advertised are 9/10 not bad for a 6 to7 yr old sys. I suppose. Asking price was 3999.00 and lasted at least 45 days, current price is 3499.00. Shipping to the west coast is 420.00. Blue book used price is 3210.00 and mint wholesale is 2180.00. I'm not opposed to someone making money just want to be fair. What would be a fair starting point in negotiationg a good price. Thanks again to one and all

Comment

• Boone38
        • Dec 2004

I have owned several of the NHT speakers over the years. The VT3s are a great set up. One of my friends loves his and drives them with the older carver amps. Agree that the Rotel will have no issues, and sound awsome.
        As for a fair price he is still above the blue book. However condition is what drives the price. I would start at the some where in between the figures.
        I have done so in the past and then after talking with the owner have increased my offers once I feel more at ease on how the speakers were treated.
        You have to have a price in the back of you mind on what you are willing to pay.

Good Luck :T

Comment

• kahuna397
          • Apr 2006

Boone38, Thanks much. Just got the phone with Naum Dorkham of Audes-usa about the Audes Grand Blues, check them out at audes.com.. If all goes well I may go in this direction due to the fact that the price of the towers are 3600.00 and shipping is included and has a warranty of three years. Whereas the NHT's have no warranty and shipping is over 400.00.. Will hve to take my time and not get too jumpy.

Comment

• kahuna397
            • Apr 2006

I would like to hear more on your opinions of the NHT vt-3 system, and also any other speaker suggestions any member can help with. I'm just trying to match my rotel components the best way possible (rmb-1095) and (rsp-1098)

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"