• Show
Clear All
  • rmassey
    • Jul 2003

RSX 1067?

Is the 1067 out yet? Anyone seen one?
  • padillon
    • Feb 2004

I just received my RSX-1067 and RDV-1060 last Wednesday. They are very nice pieces of equipment, but like you read so many times, a pain to set up. First the receiver: After trying over and over again to reach the set-up menu as explained in the manual, I gave up and shut the receiver off. I had the monitor on, so when I turned the receiver back on, low and behold, there was the system status screen allowing access to the set-up screens. Once set-up, I must say that this receiver knocks the socks off my Pioneer Elite VSX-37. Granted, an older model, but an Ultra certified and one of the last before Pioneer lowered the quality and prices on their Elite receivers. This is an extremely heavy box. I had some concerns about putting it into my all wood cabinet, but all is well.

Comment

• rmassey
      • Jul 2003

Thanks pad, i was begining to wonder if these actually exist or not.

Any idea why rotel only offers 2 tos ins on this unit? I am already up to 3 tos and one coax now and I'd rather not go with cheap RS converters.

Comment

• padillon
        • Feb 2004

My dealer told me that toslink is an inferior way to get digital data to the receiver. Even the digital coax is limited and not the recommended way to listen to DVD-Audio. I have a TiVo and a Mitsubishi HD tuner. There goes my two Toslink inputs. Fortunately they are my only two units that need Toslink.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

You can't listen to DVD-A or SACD with toslink or digital coax.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

• padillon
            • Feb 2004

Hi Jason,

What I said in my post, and I apologize if it wasn't clear, that Toslink or digital coax was not the preferred way to listen to DVD-A. According to Rotel's manual, some software material may be beyond the bandwidth capabilities of even digital coax. Listening via the toslink or digital coax does allow you to do some receiver processoring, which depending on your point of view may be good or bad. Rotel's RSX-1067 manual is now available on their website. If I'm wrong on this, I would appreciate if you let me know. I am relatively new to DVD audio and based on the questions I've asked and the answers I've gotten, so are a lot of other people.

Patrick

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

No worries, that's what this forum's for I suppose I could be more specific as well. You can't listen to the high resolution tracks at all through toslink or digital coax (and isn't that the point? ). If you are listening through either digital connection you are actually hearing the lower resolution Dolby Digital track available on DVD-A's or the lower resolution CD track on SACD's. The only way to listen to the high resolution tracks (stereo or multi-channel) is through the 5.1 analog output of the player to the 5.1 analog input of your processor/receiver. There are a few companies, (Denon and Pioneer to name two) with proprietary digital connections that allow you to listen to the high-res formats over a digital connection but you have to own the appropriate player and same brands receiver to utilize the connection.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"