X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junkjet
    • Mar 2006

RR-1050 Programing Questions???

Hi All:

I just picked up some of that fine Rotel gear and could not be happier. I do have a few questions thought.

I‘ve been working on programming the remote that comes with the 1056 and I have almost everything that I want programmed in, but I haven’t been able to get the remote(RR-1050) to accept commands from my cable box /DH DVR remote controller though. I keep seeing ERROR after attempting to a learn command form the cable box remote controller. Do any of you know of the remote that came with my (Scientific Atlanta- Explorer 8300HD) cable box/DVR and the Synergy V universal remote are compatible with my new gear?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I know the 1050 will not learn Escient commands correctly, so the possibility is out there.

Standard tips:

Try holding the button down until OK
    Try just tapping the button quickly.
    Try just tapping the button, but not so quickly.
    Try holding the button down and THEN hitting the learn button

Repeat first four at 1", 6", 12", 24"

Put 1-3 layers scotch tape over the flasher of the remote and repeat steps 1-5

Find someone with a Pronto or other learning remote that will learn the cable box commands and then use that remote to fire into the 1050

Call Rotel and try to exchange for the new remote coming with the RSX-1057. I believe it will have a built-in code database.

Give up.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Junkjet
      • Mar 2006

Kevin:
      Thanks for the suggestions. The quick tap method seems to be the ticket. I also found that placing the two remotes on a hard surface like a counter top seemed to make a difference as well. Thanks again :T

Junkjet

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"