X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnyr
    • Feb 2004

New Rotel RB 1080, Has A Hum

I hooked up my Rotel RB 1080 last night to my Monitor 11's and it has a hum coming through the speakers. My RMB 1075 only made a hum when the amp was on and the reciever was off but the RB 1080 makes a hum when the reciever is on and I can here it when the volume is low. How do I get rid of it I read on another forum about a cheater plug but I don't know what it is. Both amps are plugged into the Monster surge protector, I unplugged the Rb 1080 from the protector and plugged it into a seperate plug but the hum was still there. Hopefully you guys can give my some advice on how to fix this, I'm pretty bummed out that the new amp is makeing noise. I don't know if this matters but it is the new version 3 with the four binding posts so I bi-wired it. Please help guys. Thanx

TV-Sony 40KV-40XBR
    Cable-Sci Atlanta HD3100
    DVD-Denon 1600
    Reciever-Harmon Kardon 7000
    Amp-Rotel RMB1075
    Fronts-Paradigm Monitor 11's
    Center-CC-370
    Rears-ADP-370
    Sub-PW-2200
    Line Conditioner-Monster HTS 3500
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

John,

Welcome to our world. You have a common problem related to the fact that the RB-1080 will be the first 3 pin grounded amp in your HT - so any minor variaiton in ground current will want to "escape" through it - hence the hum.

Try this link LINK1
    and this link LINK2

Looking at your set-up there's a 90+% chance its comming from your cable. Easy fix as per the postings

Geoff Costello

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"