X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike c
    • Dec 2005

Rsx 1067

just curious, how long has the 1067 been out?
    any news of a replacement? when?

thanks!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's been out about 2 years now. Replacement is not do until later this year, possibly early next year.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mike c
      • Dec 2005

thanks kevin, aside from HDMI ... you think they upgraded anything else? wattage maybe?

also, which does processing better? RSP1068 or this RSX1067? Anything each of these guys have (no amp comparison of course) the other doesn't? I mean, 1067 being the high end receiver and the 1068 being the 2nd best processor in the Rotel line-up.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

It will be a new unit. Probably same wattage, but expect some really cool stuff. Worth the wait? With the way Rotel holds it's value, no.

Processing and features are identical between the 1068/1067. The 1067 has a tuner, the 1068 doesn't.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mike c
          • Dec 2005

i was thinking of pairing a yammy 2600 with an RMB1075 ... but currently, the yammy is way overpriced and is nearing the price of a 1067.

I have already heard the 1067 power B&W 602 S3's, honestly, it pummeled an HK AVR630 with Infinity BETA 50's in terms of sound quality. (yes, bookshelves pummeling full towers - im guessing it was the Rotel)

downside is, I won't have any reason to upgrade any more stuff in relation to the 1067. (100w x 7 and all - my mind will not justify an outboard amp for something that good)

both 1067 and 1068 don't have OSD's right?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by mike c
            both 1067 and 1068 don't have OSD's right?
            They both have the same OSD. It can only display on top of 480i sources and isn't nearly as fancy looking as the 2600. Rotel is about really good function, not bells and whistles.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mike c
              • Dec 2005

thanks Kevin D ... just thinking out loud

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"