X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gross30
    • Jun 2005

Docking station

Just a quick question, I'm looking for an Ipod docking station for an x-mas gift and was wondering if anyone had heard or has any knowledge of the "tube" docking station. I seen one on display but never had a chance to listen to it. Are they worth the $$$ or not ??
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gross30
    Just a quick question, I'm looking for an Ipod docking station for an x-mas gift and was wondering if anyone had heard or has any knowledge of the "tube" docking station. I seen one on display but never had a chance to listen to it. Are they worth the $$$ or not ??

Hi,

Is this the one you're talking about?

Or perhaps this one....

Either way, they don't really float my boat. Would be pricey, IMO.

The Marantz dock sounds more interesting to me though. Particularly because there is a video out so you can browse thru your TV.

Shop the Marantz™ official site. Founded by legendary acoustic expert Saul Marantz. Discover exceptional AV with our receivers, amplifiers, & more.

V.
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• gross30
      • Jun 2005

Alloroc, It was the fat man set-up. As I noted I didn't get a chance to listen to it. I read a couple of reviews on it last night, and it said that when the music was recorded in lossless quality, the sound was good. I dont know if it would do it for me. I will have to do some more reading etc. The Marantz looks interesting though. Also Monitor Audio and Klipsch have docking stations out that are getting good reviews. Thanks for the info, and I was just wondering if anyone has any listening time with the "tube" stations.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"