X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MICHAEL STRO
    • Oct 2003

updated eprom and 3.1.4 software and no sound on digital connections

doe's anyone have a way to roll back the eprom update or 3.1.0 software ,I'm dead in the water,
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

If not try this gentleman, he replied to me within 12 hours with "old" revisions.
    Skea@equityaudio.com

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

There should be no updating of the eprom if you have the v3 firmware for the 1098....???
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
        • Oct 2003

I thought you should update the eprom also for some more enhacements for the 7.1 setup. I did have 3.1.0 to begin with so updating the eprom was wrong??? A further EPROM update is optional for units upgrading to V2.1.7 or V3.1.4 in order to enable discrete stereo output from the center back channels when in 7CH Stereo mode. This final EPROM update is included as ROMUpdate4.bin in the Flash Update Software zip file below.

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
          • Oct 2003

Or should I just have done the rom 4 update?

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
            • Oct 2003

done the ver 3.1.4 again and still no sound but it worked the first time i did it .it was after the eprom update i had no sound so it seems like a eprom update problem

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

You only needed to install the rom4.bin, but reapplying 1-3 shouldn't have hurt anything as I don't think they are specific to the v2 1098's..

When the 1-3 rom files came out last year, I remember someone having the same problem. I think they wound up getting a new digital card sent to them to fix it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
                • Oct 2003

well i guess it's time to disconnect everything again and send the 1098 back to the dealer.one of the main reasons for buying rotel was for the upgradability ,I'm starting to second guess, if this is as good a thing as I once thought. seeing that the unit was replaced once already.

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

No, call Rotel and they should be able to diagnose what broke. The guy that had a similar problem had Rotel send him two cards that he replaced at his house fairly quickly. Remember all the cards slide out and are field replaceable (a plus to the 1098)..

Kevin D.

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
                    • Oct 2003

wow thanks I'll try that first

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
                      • Oct 2003

well the 1098 is in the shop .I brought home my work laptop that had the 9 pin port and redone the eprom upgrade and the 3.14 software upgrade,and still no sound. the test tones would work and also the multi channel outs (dvd-a) It seems like only the digital inputs would not work coax or optical (no sound)I use both for different optical for the dish and coax for the dvd. I called rotel this morn and they said installing all the eprom files are fine to do and shouldn't affect the upgrade.I'll see what the guys find out at the dealer,hopefully soon.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"