X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

RCA connectors picking up interference on my amp

Currently I'm in contact with Rotel regarding my 1095 that gives of a hum when connected to my pre/pro. The hum that the amp gives of is only present when my DVD player is connected to pre/pro via coax but not with optical. Its also present when my dvd/pre is connected by optical and I connect my sub to my pre/pro via a coax cable. Yet disappears once I connect a piece of cable coax to my pre/pro FM tuner connection and the other end to my Monster CATV connection. I guess this grounds everything. While doing some checking of connections as per instructions from Rotel I noticed that if I disconnect everything and only have speakers connected everything is quiet, but as I add back my RCA connections from pre/pro to amp the hum occurs. If I connect the TV coax cable as explained earlier and only have 1 of the RCA connections attached to my pre/pro I now get static through the speakers. If I place my fingers over the RCA connections on the amp I can make the static get quieter though it only disappears when all 5RCA connections are connected to my pre/pro. This doesn't sound normal to me?

ht_addict
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"