• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinners
    • Feb 2006

RDV 1050/RCD 1072 side by side.

Hi to all,

For my current set-up see my signature.
    I went to the dealer and listened to the RCD 1072. I was very pleased, I listen 2 channel stereo most of the time. The dealer wasn't able to a/b RCD 1072 and RDV 1050, and couldn't lent me a demo. Is there anyone who a/b the RDV 1050 with the RCD 1072? What are the biggest differences? I'm seeking deeper low ends, and wider stagewidth. I hope anyone can provide me the answer, I don't want to drop 900 euro's if the difference is neglectable. (pardon my english).
    RSX1056, RB1070, RDV1050, RCD 1072, Dali IKON 2, 2x REL Quake II
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

I did the test at home. The 1050 sounds veiled compared to the 1072. The 1072 sounds a lot more detailed. It was not even close. My girlfriend noticed the difference...

The a/b test was obvious after a few seconds.

If you listen to 2ch stereo, do yourself a favor and get the 1072. It takes at least a 3k$ player to get better sound I think. The other good alternative that would even better your dvd playback would be to get a Benchmark DAC1. This piece is very appreciated although I never heard it over speakers myself, only over headphones. Costs a bit more than the 1072 but may sound better. You already have the RDV1050 so it would be a great transport for the DAC1.

This might look like a interest conflict since I just put up my 1072 on sale in the pawn shop section of the forum, but search my previous threads... I've already talked about the 1050 vs 1072 in the pass...

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Spinners,

I agree with Jim (and I'm keeping my RCD-1072)

Geoff

Comment

• jim777
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
        I agree with Jim (and I'm keeping my RCD-1072)
        Thats a good one! :rofl:

Don't worry Geoff, I will never say anything bad of that player, it has been great

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

Hey Spinners,

I agree with Jim and Geoff. The 1072 provides EXACTLY what you want over the 1050 (better sound stage, deeper low ends, cleaner sound). Don't think twice. It was the best investment I made in my system (next to the speakers themselves).

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"